physics problem

cassius

II have a house model converted from gmf to mdl. It has adoorway the character must go through.What kind of physics shape can I use. I think a box would shut off the door.I am new to le3 so maybe I missed something on this subject.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

i think you want to create a polymesh as collision shape.

If your model is already relatively low poly you can generate it directly from the model with right-click in the Assets-Tab and click on "Generate Shape" -> "Polymesh".

Then you can load that shape in the Scene Tab as Shape file under Physics from your entity in the scene.

haven't tried it out though.

i would say a convex hull would be better. I don't know what the difference between the 2 except the polymesh seams to be static. I set a polymesh mass and nothing happens when i suspend the model :/

edit:

Oh because you want to enter it you set it to poly that makes sense but then why are you using physics at all? How does polymesh work differently than convex hull?

bool Life()
{
 while(death=false)
 {
   if(death==true)
   return death;
 }
}

I have found the secret to infinite life

Did I help you out? Like my post!

I am no expert in that but if i have understood it correctly a convex hull is a physic shape that surrounds the whole model with the lowest possible detail. So i think if you have a box with a hole in it, it would cover the hole too since it just surrounds the whole model without taking every detail into account.

a polymesh however is the exact representation of the mesh you created and as such can be a lot more detailed and also a lot slower if you do not look at the mesh detail.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

In le2 a convex hull was a lazy way of covering with a physics body instead of using phygen. Being of a lazy nature I used it for tables chairs barrels etc and it mostly worked.But barrels rolled better with a cylinder shape.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

i have a few models that don't have a 'normal' shape. I've been using convex hull as when i use the polymesh, i don't seem to get any reaction when i set the mass to 1

bool Life()
{
 while(death=false)
 {
   if(death==true)
   return death;
 }
}

so they are there for like the scene and in your instance it will map and mimic the meshes that make up your model?

bool Life()
{
 while(death=false)
 {
   if(death==true)
   return death;
 }
}

• 2 weeks later...

I think when most people think of a mesh/shape, they think of a all inclusive wrapper for a visible objects, but is there a of rule that says it has to be contiguous? I've not tried this yet, but couldn't you simply have a mesh that's actually composed of adjacent blocks that only cover walls the player would come in contact with, leaving spaces in between to account for passable doorways or windows? Is this idea a realistic approach, or have I got it wrong?