2.3 is live

Josh

I have not received my E-mail Yet. Also, I wondering if I can get my status as "Owner."

Thanks,

Jim

It's like JFK announcing the moon mission. He had no expertise in space travel, and no way of knowing if it would work. He just announced "we're going to the moon" and then they made it happen because everyone was on the same page and working towards the same goal. If he had said "well, let's get some people in space, and we'll see how far out we can get, and if I find someone to make a rocket strong enough, we could possibly approach the moon's orbit and maybe land" it wouldn't have happened.

Is dx10 supprted when I looked at the second image I Thoth it said direct x10???

Tools:

AC3D | 3D Canvas(pro) | Texture Maker(pro) | Genetica(basic) | 3D World Studio | Fragmotion |Leadwerks 2 | XNA 4 | Visual Studio 2010 Professional | XCode 5.x |UU3D Pro

Programing & Scripting Languages:

C |C++ | C# | Obj-C | LUA | Javascript | PHP | Ruby

LE uses OpenGL 2.1 at the moment, that's much better than DX 11 (which only Win7, and no hardware cards yet support), and it runs even on XP (and Mac, Linux, and all other systems).

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

The two APIs are about the same, although OpenGL runs on more platforms. DX11 has a couple new features OpenGL hasn't implemented yet, but I expect tessellation support to be added. OpenGL will also run the same on all versions of Windows, but I think DX11 has better backwards compatibility than DX10 had.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I was just passing by and thought I'd say that it was exciting to see (as expected) that Leadwerks Engine is continuing to nip at the heels of the big-boys.

ps.

What's with the newbie status? - I'm a legend.

;)

Hi Puki...where have you been? Miss your banter on BB.

Jason

• 5 months later...

Please allow to use the cursor keys for moving in the Editor too. I am not good with the WASD keys. Thank You.

Hi, this is my first post, I would love to see this implemented as I am left handed and to be forced to use WASD keys is the pain of my gaming life. Please add a simple function to redefine keyboard layouts, even if it is just to add cursor key use as well as WASD.

Thanks.

Hi Ammo!

Please don't bump that old (6 months xD) threads but rather make a new thread and include a reference there.

Though I see you couldn't make a feature request since you don't own the engine.

Remapping the keyboard shortcuts has been a feature request since any were defined (since the first leadwerks sandbox).

This might come eventually (wouldn't know that it's possible right now, is it?).

But I think you'll find an application somewhere on the internet that does exactly what you want (map key X to Y...). (Or can windows do this? I think it can only with the mouse buttons.)