Calculate Lighting Not Working [Solved]

d123s404

Hello all!

I've imported a few meshes I made from blender to create a simple level. The idea is to familarize myself with basic level building in ledwerks. The problem I encounter is that the lights don't seem to affect the imported mesh. In addition, I've set the ambience to be a dark blue, but it seems like the runtime doesn't have lighting or ambience at all. They are applied perfectly on a brush, but not on the imported meshes. Is there some sort of script that I have to apply before being able to bake the lighting? Or is this a glitch? Darkness Awaits seems to work perfectly fine, but mine doesn't.

Here are some screenshots of what the level looks like in editor and outside of editor:

Editor_zps912c7af4.png

And at runtime:

testChamber2013-06-1922-16-09-19_zpsd23967ce.png

My imported models light ok. I found it difficult to locate the lights where I wanted them and at first they did not show up.. The editor is quite dark to work with and at first my lights were not where I thought they were. Could that be the problem?

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

It doesn't seem to be. With a directional light, the position of the light shouldn't matter as far as I understand. What I notice is when I add a light map, everything brighten's up without real lighting, where as removing it makes everything dark, but I'm still not getting the kind of lighting that Darkness Awaits has, where moving a light shows the changes to the pillars in real-time.

It's definitely something wrong with the way I setup my materials. I applied the Darkness Awaits brick material to my wall and it lights up perfectly.

I think I'll have to look into setting up materials. Thanks for the responses guys! :)

Sorry for the double post, but it's fixed! :D

Capture_zpsbe9b24a1.png

Thanks to everyone who responded. I had to create the material as Dynamic to solve the problem. What I did before was reuse the same materials that I created for the brushes as static and switched it to dynamic in the material editor, which didn't seem to have an effect.