Pledge level for LE3 owners

josk

Did I read that the Pledge levels on Kickstarter are for Leadwerks 3.1 , if so Is it worth having a pledge level for existing owners of LE3 who want Linux?

For example $100 for Linux but get 3.1 upgrade for Windows/mac when available.

Elite Cobra Squad

I really hoped that the update would be free from 3.0 to 3.1 . Personaly I wouldn´t update if it isnt free for LE3 owners, because I expected the upcoming features to be in the 3.0 Version anyway. From the graphic-site LE2 was way better and cost the same as Leadwerks 3, so an priced update wouldn´t be a good dicision. At least, it would NOT be very costumers friendly, from my point of view. But if i am not happy with it, I always can move to a nother engine.

It will be lot of time before 3.1 arrive.

Will it be free or not, it will depend on features i think, specially if some are important.

If it brings real CSG, all terrain tools , GUI ... why not , the total overall price won't reach 1000$ , even paying some update.

It will be better to hear some people saying what they think once the update will be here and once they have tried it and make some game prorotype ... instead of crying lound i don't want to pay some update.

And even LE 3.1 is not here by tomorrow laugh.png

So relax, take it easy, try already making some game in LE3 instead of wasting all energy in useless posts (like i do too much laugh.png ).

Nothing is here right now, not tomorrow, let's talk about pricing within some months or end of the year when 3.1 will be here.

Could it be 3.1 or if , caus Linux will be decided from kickstarter if it's sucessfull, once that done ,if it is developped, let's wait for Linux version to arrive and people interested in Linux to try it and discuss some platform pricing.

Stop toying and make games

This campaign is about testing whether there is a market for software on Linux. Backers are pre-ordering a product most of them have never heard of, 6 months in advance. If the campaign reaches our target goal, we'll do a Linux build of 3.1. If it doesn't, we won't.

The price of Leadwerks 3.0 was lowered because it was focused just on gameplay and the editor. I'm not developing an OpenGL 4 renderer for free.

• Upvote 2

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

What OpenGL renderer versions will Leadwerks 3.1 support besides 4? And will you be able to turn them on/off or will the engine detect and adjust accordingly?

It was cleared many times, LE3 (and so future versions too) already comes with a fallback for the systems that don't support the latest renderer, it's managed in the shaders as any other engine does (take a look at the current shaders, they have OGL2 as default renderer and OGLES2 as fallback) ;)

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

http://skaredcreations.com

The kickstarter is looking fantastic right now, nearly 60% backed with 38 days to go. It does specifically include the OpenGL 4 renderer, whether that means it's going to be Leadwerks 3.1 or not. However, Josh hasn't announced any stretch goals yet and has specifically said he is open to suggestions. So, if graphics are your priority and you would most likely purchase 3.1 anyway to get the upgraded renderer, why not back the kickstarter, get Linux and GL 4, and get to provide input for the stretch goals, if any? Of course, I'm trying to convince you because I'd love to get some extras, but we'll ignore that part ;)

Josh has said he's working on OpenGL 4 (deferred rendering I believe) and Chris and someone else would do the port to Linux if the campaign is a success. That does mean Chris won't be doing tutorials and documentation as heavily or at all though. There will always be a give and take no matter what they decide to do.

The price of Leadwerks 3.0 was lowered because it was focused just on gameplay and the editor. I'm not developing an OpenGL 4 renderer for free

My post wasn't clear, I'm happy to pay for and I think you have to charge for a OpenGL 4 renderer, I also think most people are.

Its more a a clarity on price, if its $200 for kickstarting linux/windows/mac which I understand is 3.1, how much for a current user to do the same. If its $200 its means they will have paid double.

i know we have LE3 now so get to use in advance, Some current people might be happy to pay upfront.

Also what about adding European postage for the t-shirtssmile.png

I need to add to my collection.

post-54-0-44055500-1372011440_thumb.jpg

Elite Cobra Squad

Han Solo protecting your coffee, I like it!

You should open an LE store for t-shirts, (I do it like LEADwerks, Don't disturb me, im werking!)

That way you get the benefit of advertising, you could add a markup to helping your dev costs as well!

+ I love merchandize, and hate buying t-shirts/jackets in stores :P

Operation Mosquito

Recruiting 3d Modeller/Animator. (pm if interested)

It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can do only a little. Do what you can. - Sydney Smith

First stretch goal was just set: OUYA Support at $26,000! biggrin.png

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1937035674/leadwerks-build-linux-games-on-linux/posts

On the topic of pledging not being practical for people who already purchased: Kickstarter is for fundraising. It's not necessarily meant to give too much buck, but the prize tiers are more or less a bonus to encourage the support.

altough i understand the need to promote the android/mobile modules i think OUYA is a bit dead in the watter. For 100 you can get a new Nintendo WII and for a bit more a PS3 if you watch promotioons.

I disagree with previous poster, there would not be too many pledges (of substantial values) if all you would get back would be a thank you email from an automatic mail system.

I disagree with previous poster, there would not be too many pledges (of substantial values) if all you would get back would be a thank you email from an automatic mail system.

Yes, there would be few pledges if there was no prize. However, pledging means you're most likely giving more than you're getting. The trade off is that you help make sure the product sees the light of day, and not be scrapped due to a lack of funding.

I see it diferently. You support/fund a project in advance and you get later what you payd for (if the prject fly).

Buying a product in advance is a pre-order. Pledging in a crowd-funding campaign means that you're paying for the product to be developed, and not necessarily for the product itself. That's why there are options that are more expensive than the product itself.

Buying a product in advance is a pre-order. Pledging in a crowd-funding campaign means that you're paying for the product to be developed, and not necessarily for the product itself. That's why there are options that are more expensive than the product itself.

Like i sayd everybody sees is diferently. Some are more generous, some just pay to have created the product they have and want the product at the end, like a preorder with high risk.

There is no reason to generalyse this, there are options for everybody : from the 1$ to 1000$.

Sometimes like for Linux, after some funding price you put, you ge tthe product also.

There are great games that would not make it without kickstarter and their success just only show lot of people want these remakes or new ones :

-Torment: Tides of Numenera

- Project Eternity

-Elite: Dangerous

etc ...

Stop toying and make games