LeadWerks Questions from a Kickstarter backer

HeadClot88

Hey everyone!

I am a leadwerks for Linux backer. I am currently at the 100.00 Pledge level. I would like to ask some questions about LeadWerks 3.

1. Is there networking support (Server Client? Peer to Peer?) for Lead Werks 3? if not is this in the works?

2. I am fairly new to programming and I am learning programming with LUA. However, I need to know if I will be able to create custom variables that affect game play or will I need to do that with C++?

3. Would I be able to swap out the linux version of leadwerks for a windows version? I am currently on a strict time scale and cannot wait 6 months to start development. I can pay at least 100 USD for this.

Thank you for your time,

Ben

1. Users are presently encouraged to use third-party networking libraries like RakNet. We plan to incorporate this functionality in at a later time, but it's not the highest priority right now.

2. The Leadwerks API is accessible in both C++ and Lua. You can code pretty much anything you need in either language, though C++ is more extensible:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/documentation/_/command-reference/

3. We presently sell Leadwerks for Windows and Mac on our site. We do not have a Lua-only version for sale at this time.

• Upvote 1