• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on price & how good it is.
  2. 2. Do you think the FPS genre is too saturated with "war" games

3. 3. What would you look for when joining someone elses' project

• Clear plan, future.
    • Shares my vision for a genre/game.
    • Likely-hood to success.

Basically I've been having huge trouble getting anyone remotely interested in my main project, to the point where I am currently reconsidering it entirely, perhaps the people I spoke to don't represent much of the other people out their.

I figured I would give it a second shot asking some important questions here and use the information to make a final decision on the project and it's future. Please be brutally honest and expand on your votes.

Cheers :)

Operation Mosquito

Recruiting 3d Modeller/Animator. (pm if interested)

It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can do only a little. Do what you can. - Sydney Smith

For me the clear plan and future is the biggest thing. I don't think I've ever seen a good one :). The game would need to be detailed and broken down into smaller attainable milestones. Those milestones would also need to be playable and make sense. Like if your game plans on having 15 different weapons, then the first milestone would be something like walking around in the world, able to pickup/drop 1 weapon type and "use it". That way the framework is in place for adding other weapons later. Note "use it". I put that in quotes because that would all have to be mapped out in detail on how using it really works.

• Upvote 1

Voted! What I can suggest to you (if you don't find partners here) is to search on the web, any game developers forums/communities, since many game devs are busy with their own games or just too busy at work (for example myself, I would like to make something with others [like LCP2] but am really too busy on third-party paid projects so I prefer to not spend my spare time to another serious/semi-serious project).

Such a game might sell well in us if it depicted us forces as heroes but less good in uk and not at all in Germany or japan.rolleyes.gif

Oh well, I suppose it's not exactly so straight... I come from Italy (which was hit very much by real WW2 like Germany [but lower], being unfortunately an allied of Nazism), though WW2 titles are very much popular here and I can say with some sureness (talked to many friends who are from a part or another of the "factions") that italian players don't care about it, if a game is good and fun then we will play any way even if it has scenes against our faction. For sure if you make a game where you can choose your faction (for example Nazi/Fascist OR Allied) then it will be more popular because the scums (I mean Nazi&Fascist here, of course) will have more reasons to have fun (except myself, because of my political ideas I won't never play that faction even if it's "only" a game [my grandfathers were partisans from the italian resistance to those sh*t]).

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

http://skaredcreations.com

I don't necessarily know if war has been done to death, but Second World War certainly has. Evil Nazi Germany tries to conquer the world, and the mighty United States saves the day - Yawwwwn... Modern day war is becoming a little saturated too with the likes of Battlefield and Call of Duty, but it's got some time left yet...

I used to love SWAT 3 and 4 because it wasn't all about war, but it was squad based combat. It was an FPS but one of the only real tactical FPS games that have actually been worth playing. You checked the rooms before you entered and then decided which grenades to throw in first, if any. Then you went in and if you'd thrown the right things in, you'd arrest the crims, if not then they'd shoot you, and because you weren't Rambo, you'd lose.

LE Version: 2.50 (Eventually)

I think the wild west genre is way underutilized. This may be due to it sort of only being in the states/mexico but it's an amazing piece of history that could really drive some cool stories and fun gameplay. I know there are a few games set in this time, but nothing close to all the world war games, modern games, or future games.

Keep the info coming guys it's greatly appreciated.

My original project was ww2 from the British perspective and incorporating the french resistance. This hasn't driven anyone to my door or any real interest from other dev's as such I'm decided whether to switch it up. If I was I do have another game idea in mind that would be a brand new genre all together (so far as i know).

I'm looking to finalize my decision by the end of the week as I can't afford to not be making progress or to waste my progress on a project without a future so decisions need to be made fairly quick. So all the information you share is greatly appreciated.

Operation Mosquito

Recruiting 3d Modeller/Animator. (pm if interested)

It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can do only a little. Do what you can. - Sydney Smith

i agree with aggror, and fantasy allows for more imaginative gameplay because people are criticizing, "the M16A2 isn't that inaccurate" and such like that

bool Life()
{
 while(death=false)
 {
   if(death==true)
   return death;
 }
}

I have found the secret to infinite life

Did I help you out? Like my post!

I played FPS, , but today i'm just ultra borred of FPS games and their free violence.

Appart from that , indeed WW2 , please not a thousand FPS game about WW2 or War lol laugh.png

And it will be hard to compete with old low budget ones, but hard for indie peope to make such quality old games :

- voices

-music

-sounds,

- animations

- AAA 3D assets

-interface

-solo story

-multiplayer

I would say go original., a totally other period or country.

Bring original gameplay : platforming, powers (make appear some energy wall front of you ... ), ally robot etc ...

There are some quality games on indieDB you could join their team ?

Some FPS i really like is Borderlands series (RPG elements, tons of weapons you find, cartoon touch style, quests).

I would like to see some Metroid style game also, Turoks on N64 was good also.

Well i mean more originality, original worlds , original gameplay, original graphic style, and mix of adventure/discovery, puzzle, not only fights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJqgE_W9f6M

Stop toying and make games