FlowGUI

AggrorJorn

I stopped working on this. I don't use this GUI myself as I program with C++. Just thought the community could use a simple temporary GUI until Josh makes an integrated GUI.

But your so good at Lua ...been watching your tutorials since LE2.5 biggrin.png ..thanks for your work on the GUI anyway ...good job.

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine

@BES

thanks for kind words.

I might pick it up again, when I start exposing some of my C++ functions to Lua. Then it would be useful for me.

@Patrick

Anything particular you were missing or needed?

There was nothing in particular right now, I just thought this is perfect for those wondering about GUI and stuff. I would personally rather get in and script it but I see the uses. I will probably use this myself for a while though for now, so if I come by something I need I'll ask here and see if its something you could add without much trouble :)

• 7 months later...

That's cool Aggror. As Chris and I started the Hostile project using LUA only, first thing on my list was to learn LUA as I'm used to C++. To get started I decided to make a GUI and its quite fun to see that what i have done is more or less what you did there, without knowing of your work.

• Upvote 1

AV MX Linux

• 1 month later...

FlowGUI 0.9 (beta) is almost ready, just finishing up the documentation and making various examples (including an example main menu with options menu). Since it is the beta I am leaving out the resolution scaling and the dropdowns to see if people are running in to trouble with the other functionality.

Beta will include:

• buttons
  • checkboxes
  • labels
  • sliders
  • radio buttons

I am currently waiting on a bug fix that prevents me from properly testing things, so here is a screenshot in the mean time.

post-45-0-43975000-1414769246_thumb.png

As you can see you can create gui styles for each individual gui element. If you want to have you buttons the same style, all you have to is make 1 style and apply it to the buttons.

post-45-0-42316300-1414769037_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 9

• 3 weeks later...

Any news about this ? When can we test FlowGUI 0.9? smile.png

So close.....Just the sliders. I hope to do some work on it this weekend. Fulltime job + custom jobs for people is taking most of my time.

Hi Aggror, I'm getting a file not found error. Have you removed it?

Sorry I have removed the old verison.

I want to launch the beta version 0.9 of FlowGUI next week. It will be available for $5,00 during the beta stage and $10.00 on release. You will have always access to the latest version of the scripts, examples and documentation. FlowGUI is royalty free and does not require a back link or logo referring to its usage.

Once I ironed out possible issues that users have found I will move on releasing the other elements.

Beta will include:

• buttons
  • checkboxes
  • labels
  • sliders (horizontal and vertical)
  • radio buttons
  • Input fields (single line textbox)
  • Examples and documentation
    • Demo (see screenshot)
    • Main menu + options menu

post-45-0-95943000-1416769710_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 6

TBH, I would stop adding any features before you replace those images with something better. It's hard to convey and idea with bad content. My $0.02.

You are correct. All buttons are placeholders for now, but they should definiteley have a better default style.

Will this be available on Steam?

It would sure would make it easier but I don't have that option at my disposal.. On the other hand, I would probably have to pay a percentage to Steam and/or Leadwerks.

You should add pause menu wink.png

Adding buttons is easy and done within a few minutes. Adding the desired functionality to those buttons is more work. Still, its is a good idea and I will include it in the example.

• 2 weeks later...