Window size inaccuracy

Perhaps the topic can be moved here.

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/7172-screen-size-and-mouse-coordinates/

I have been getting weird results with my GUI. I made a script that displays the x and y coordinate of the mouse. My window is 1024 x 768. I would expect that 768 is the bottom of the window, but the mouse coordinates indicate that height 768 is actually lower than the window.

I have been getting weird results with my GUI. I made a script that displays the x and y coordinate of the mouse. My window is 1024 x 768. I would expect that 768 is the bottom of the window, but the mouse coordinates indicate that height 768 is actually lower than the window. I am not sure if this is intended or a bug.

See the video attached: zip.gif 768.zip 2.11MB 1 downloads

The image shows a blue dot where my mouse is.

post-45-0-47520600-1373140612_thumb.jpg

I made an image which display a window of resolution 1024 x 768.

post-45-0-24459600-1373141250_thumb.jpg

i can confirm this.

When i create a window with 1024x768 the window including the window title and borders is 1034x778 (measured with paint. ph34r.png pressing ALT and Print key )

But if you use context:GetWidth() and context:GetHeight() it fits perfectly. So i don't think it is an inaccuracy.

however window:GetWidth() and window:GetHeight() return 1024x768.

Maybe it is more of an inaccuracy of microsoft windows?

thats what i wanted to write. :)

However the window that is created when i set the window size to 1024x768 is a bit larger when i measured it.

So either my measuring is inaccurate or windows calculates the window size a bit different.

• 1 month later...

Wow, the plot keeps thickening. Apparently Microsoft can't accurately return the size of a window:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/6c1c67a9-5548-4e9b-989f-c7dbac0b1375/getwindowrect-on-nonresizable-windows-under-aero-glass

I tried adding a preprocessor define of "WINVER 6" in the code and in the project, but to no avail.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 2 months later...