Script properties showing different script properties

Rick

I don't know how to reproduce this, but it happens all the time. I generally restart the editor to fix it. Right now I have a sound pivot that has my sound script, the one in the assets section of this site, but when I select the entity and go to the script tab in the scene editor it's showing all the properties from a completely different script. I think if you attach scripts long enough and move back and forth between entities you'll eventually notice this. Major buzz kill in the game designing flow.

Interestingly enough, every entity I select, it's showing the same script properties for a script that is not attached to all these entities.

Yeah I have this too. When you work a lot with lua, you really have to watch out for this. Sometimes you start looking for errors in your script while this is not the reason of the error.

When you have scrips with 10 or more properties, then it costs the editor quite some time to create the labels and textboxes. If you switch to another entity before everything is loaded, your script will be displayed on another entity.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...