Free and payed 2D and 3D artwork coming soon...

ChrisV

Hello everyone!

Been working on my own website and will upload free and payed 2D/3D artwork, plus also music and sounds. smile.png

You'll find textures, animated spritesheets, 3D models (also rigged ones), and other artwork.

So, be warned...no more excuse for non-artists to create great games!

Will reveal the website soon...stay tuned. smile.png

Cheers

• Upvote 4

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

Okay all,

Here's the link to my personnal artwork/game projects website, where you'll find free (and non-free) artwork for game creation. smile.png

It's still WIP, but you'll already find a couple of textures which can be used completely for free in any of your game projects! Credits are appreciated. Thanks!

More free stuff will follow soon.

If any of you have suggestions to see specific art uploaded for free, just let me know. Thanks!

LINK: My Artwork

Cheers

• Upvote 1

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

Here's an image of a new rock model I've just created in 3D Coat! Will upload it as a FREE 3D model on my website soon!

Only 888 tris, and has diffuse, bump and spec maps (2048x2048).

Credits (and comments) are appreciated!

And, if you'd like to see specific free models to download, please feel free to ask. wink.png

Rock_02_zps53544c15.png

• Upvote 3

Hi Chris. Great job on these and thank you for sharing them for free!

My personal suggestion/request would be rocky/granite cliffs. I've seen some on Turbosquid but they tend to be kind of pricey. I especially like these:

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-rocky-formation-stone-rock/570793

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/rocky-cliffs-rock-3d-model/675685

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3ds-cliff/701409

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3ds-cliff-format/652401

http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-rocky-cliffs-model/707543

If somehow you could make a larger pack that is modular and of similar quality as the above, I would buy it (for a reasonable price, of course).

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Hi Chris. Great job on these and thank you for sharing them for free!

You're welcome, man! Thanks! smile.png

My personal suggestion/request would be rocky/granite cliffs.

Sounds good. Any preference for maximum polycount?

If somehow you could make a larger pack that is modular and of similar quality as the above, I would buy it (for a reasonable price, of course).

Yup, shouldn't be a problem. Modular sets are very usefull indeed. Will start on that right away. wink.png

Thaaanks, Roland! smile.png

Sounds good. Any preference for maximum polycount?

If you're doing the full model (not just the front) then it seems like it should be somewhere between 2k to 6k, depending on how much detail you add. I like the ones that aren't just flat walls - they have some character to them. But please don't create it just on my account; it's just something I've been looking for for a little while and I'm surprised there isn't more demand for it considering it's a prominent model in most games.

I'll make 'em as low poly as possible, but still detailed. The bump map should also add lots of fine® detail. wink.png

But please don't create it just on my account;

Nah, don't worry. As you said, it's one of those models that are very usefull in plenty of games.

• Upvote 1

How about this one to start with? Had a bit of 3D Coat fun and this is the result. Only 2618 tris. smile.png

Will make a few similar ones like this rock model.

RockFormation01_zps1a57ae11.png

• Upvote 2

@gamecreator :

You should dig 3D Coat one day, you'll see it's not super complicated to have a basic rock by assembling some rock voxel model, sculpting them and use masks to generate noise or use alpha rock texture to sculpt details wink.png

Stop toying and make games

I feel like that rock is flipping me the bird tongue.png

biggrin.png

Working on a second rock model now. I'll try to keep it less 'bird flipping'. Have no idea if that's the right way to say it, but you know what I mean, right? biggrin.png

Just finished a second rock model. I hope Rick doesn't see a flipping bird in it now. wink.pngbiggrin.png

RockFormation02_zpsacfd762c.png

• Upvote 1

Had another go at a new rock model. Only 2126 tris. Hope you'll like it. The one above has only 2552 tris, btw. smile.png

Will create a few more (also single rock models) and then upload them on my website.

RockFormation03_zps6cea7b34.png

• Upvote 2

You'd be surprised at how real life rock formations can look 'human placed'.

@gamecreator

You can give my RocksHD model pack a try. You ca nbuilt beautiful cliff formations with it. Using tileablerock formations like your Turbosquid links are pretty inefficient if you need more flexibility. If you do a cliff with your heightmap (which looks boring of course) but put large single models along this cliff (they can intersect with the terrain of course) with additional trees and vegetation you will get the most natural looking cliff possible. Most AAA games use it this way.

Here is the link:

http://shop.pure3d.de/109-rockshd.html

I also has a mobile version of those rocks with lower polies. ;)

Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences

AAA 3D Model Shop specialized on nature and environments

Yes this is Crhis thread.

Don't spam on it with concurrent offers, that's so bad behaviour : make your rock own thread.

Indeed Skyrim, Boderlands, Guild Wars 2, Tera mmo etc ... the simple better way is terrain + model rocks and cliffs.

Dishonored game is very rooms /corridor style (could it be indoor or outdoor), very linear, no need for terrain indeed.

@Chris:

I agree with rocks looking horizontal or vertical patterns, i wanted to point, it's perhaps better to keep them lot more general rocks than very particular cases.

Anyway seeing the last ones i just thaught in some place where people was scultping and working these big rocks.

Stop toying and make games

but this is ChrisV's showcase.
Yes this is Crhis thread.

Thanks for pointing that out, guys. Guess Michael is impressed with the quality of my models. Hehehhe! wink.pngrolleyes.gif

I agree with rocks looking horizontal or vertical patterns, i wanted to point, it's perhaps better to keep them lot more general rocks than very particular cases.

Yep, I know what you mean. Next rock models will look more natural. wink.pngsmile.png

Acutally I just want to point out an alternative way of enhancing your terrains cliffworks and not ending into a dead end maybe if you see the repetition of the single-model cliff tech first time.

I don't see those models here as a competition because he offers most of them for free.

Telling me basically to **** of just for giving a hint on another alternative (technically and visually) is not nice. I always try to help people improving their skills where I can and don't care if I earn 20$ more or less with just placing a link to my shop....I'm not that desperated short of money.

To get back on topic:

Dishonored seems to have individual models for cliffs, like so:

Here you see the disadvantage of the method:

Right hand near the stairs the models dosnt offer enough resolution to have a sharp appearance. Smaller chunks would do better here plus some pebbles on the stairs as details.

The distance rocks look good because they are far away, texture resolution better and it is a not so wide cliff.

Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences

AAA 3D Model Shop specialized on nature and environments

I don't see those models here as a competition because he offers most of them for free.

Yes, I offer models for free, but I also intent to create models to be payed for.

Telling me basically to **** of just for giving a hint on another alternative (technically and visually) is not nice.

No disrespect, man...your models are great, no doubt, but putting your link for 'giving a hint on another alternative', is not nice either, considering the fact that this thread is about my models.

You can 'give hints' and help out just by telling. There's no need to 'give hints' by putting links on another one's model showcase thread, considering that you already have a link in your sig.

• Upvote 1