darkbird

These two tutorials Aggror user.

Thank you very much Aggror

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/tutorials/_/flowgraph-editor-r46

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/page/tutorials/_/introduction-to-lua-r19

More tutorials of this type would be very good for the beginners in Leadwerks

Sorry my bad English

thanks

Now many new users wait until December to have a license Leadwerks.Missing four months to teache new users and create new video tutorials ,i think Lua better than C++ for beginner.

Thank you very much for made reality Leadwerks for Linux smile.png

Sorry my bad English

thanks

You and I will get along just fine.

This guy knows what's up.

@Rick - you've got a point, but there is always the possibility of resentment of a pay4documentation policy being directed at Josh. Leadwerks number one priority should be to have as high a quality output from its developers as possible, not just the ones who don't mind paying extra to a 3rd party, for an instruction manual. It would be a legit practice but I feel, the official docs aren't as robust as they aught to be for December. Now if Josh wants to pay someone to make some documentation that is available for free that imo would be the way to go.

The demand for Lua + Flowgraph is real and therefore the docs should not all be intro to C++ in disguise. I feel an official documentation team of Aggror + shadmar would be pretty good. Just my opinion.

Core I5 2.67 / 16GB RAM / GTX 670

Zbrush/ Blender / Photoshop CS6 / Renoise / Genetica / Leadwerks 3

I just feel like with documentation the view is generally that you can never have enough. Josh has noted this before, which basically means it's never good enough no matter what you do. This means the return on investment in time is questionable to provide more than he already has, which I believe we aren't going to get much more out of Leadwerks.

Enter the community. Someone (Aggror) could even treat it more like a classroom instead of tutorials. I think if people knew that it was a community member maybe it wouldn't be so bad? Just an idea I guess.

Instead of docs :

Attachable little scripts : Generic player cylinder move (no animations or sounds, or picture dependencies)

Attachable 3rd camera

Simple AI Follow script : attachable Lua or can be imported in main Lua script

etc ..

These re usable ones, i'm trying to do them.

But it's the idea, examples of use of re usable scripts (could it be import Lua functions or attach Lua script)

Stop toying and make games

Instead of docs?

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

I am not programmer ,with Unity 3d learn to program scripting level beginner. A good documentation, need time and money,i wouldn't mind paying for a documentation as this.I want to do something good with Leadwerks for linux :)

http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/modules/beginner/scripting

Sorry to mention another game engine:(

Sorry my bad English

thanks

I would want to say : Stay with other engine if you have problems with Lua.

I think LE3 will grow (i hope) as time passes for videos on Lua and tutorials, different type of game making videos (platformer series, FPS complete game videos etc ..)

There is thousands tuts and vids in the other engine, caus of big community, it will be a lot also in LE3 as people comes to Linux,PC,Android,IOS game making.

LE3 is super new, and it needs terrains features and gopd enought rendering to attract more poeople.

Until then be partient and try to learn how work Lua scripts tutorials for now.

The only way to learn is to do, go through the tutorials that are available and then simply run through the API and experiment.

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

Go through all these tutorials by Aggror.

Evan though the video's are in C++ they are easy to follow, play around with the code.

Lua has a nice learning curve, easier I think than Unity Script.

Also Leadwerks has a nice community that will answer many questions.

• Upvote 1

Elite Cobra Squad

I find personally Lua easier than Unity Script but thats maybe because Unity seems more complicated than it is.

I have tried other engines and do like Unity but choose Leadwerks. I wont name all the engines i have tried but I am your typical hobby coder like yourself, Never gets anything done smile.png

Elite Cobra Squad

An advice for all starters out there: if you are going to wait for a tutorial that will make the game(s) you dream of, then your dream of making a game will never become reality.

Josh is very busy with expanding the engine. Even if he or his team would make a tutorial, it will not arrive any time soon. Not to mention the fact that it is impossible to make a tutorial for all gametypes.

If you need help figuring out how something works, ask for help on the forum. There are enough people out there willing to help. Just don't expect that the community (or a tutorial) will make a complete game for you.

I'll make a complete game for anyone for $200K! ;)

This is a tough one because some other engines really do have amazing tutorials showing ways to make certain game types. People then come here from those engines and want/expect the same sort of tutorials. Who is to say if that's reasonable or not given some other engines do provide these.

Like I said Aggror, you could make some money from this when the Linux crowd hits. :) You are really good at those tutorials.

what I don't understand with unity.

they support JavaScript, C# and UnityScript.

why add so many scripting languages? that way sharing scripts is harder than necessary in my opinion

but I just might have missed the point of unity.

it is even hard to see sometimes which language someone used.

Javascript is great, i used C# with Mono , the progamming was the same in fact, same functions to call like Leadwerks 3, you have already the game framework with C#, you can fill start, update and other functions.

Nevermind, Lua is not so complicated at all.

LE3 will just need concrete working Lua examples for different stuff. Actually only darkness game provide stuff.

You want some 3rd shooter, there is no bullet move/collision code and simple shooting AI for NPC, we could need some super simple Gears of War example code indeed in Lua.

And other style of game code should be helpfull.

Actually, is make all yourself, caus LE3 is programmer centric mainly.

That's like that laugh.png

What is lacking is also is some good IDE for Lua with autocompletition, that could automatically propose new functions with new coming features.

LE3 will just need concrete working Lua examples for different stuff. Actually only darkness game provide stuff.

You want some 3rd shooter, there is no bullet move/collision code and simple shooting AI for NPC, we could need some super simple Gears of War example code indeed in Lua.

And other style of game code should be helpfull.

Actually, is make all yourself, caus LE3 is programmer centric mainly.

Learn lua ... Learn the API ... then write this stuff ... Simples.

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

Yeah, in fact even by watching others engine : "how to" tutorials, like howto make firing bullets, these ways of doing are appliable to Leadwerks 3.

What will change will be the code or some specific stuff in 3D Engines.

Which engine would that be?

Anyone know of any beginner LUA game programming book which has code that would also work in LeadWerks3?