Leadwerks Game Tournament 2

AggrorJorn

OK , caus it seems i will be in Summer holidays also , it like my laptop can't anymore run LE3 caus of sound init failed.

Only my tower PC can run it, so i think i won't be part of it.

Or you must extend the date for 3 or 4 weeks, summer is not the more productive time sometimes.

Stop toying and make games

elements plural of el·e·ment (Noun)

Noun

• A part or aspect of something, esp. one that is essential or characteristic.
  • A small but significant presence of a feeling or abstract quality: "it was the element of danger he loved in flying".

Take your picktongue.png

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

Too much generalist topic, it's like throwing a word from dictionnary and anyone can do any game style with that.

The tournament would need lot more precise direction,

Actually you should not call that a tournament as you almost DO WHAT YOU WAN ,the theme is too muc general and vague, not precise.

I don't know, go take a look at gameartisans site and look at tournaments, to see they are really well defined with boundaries.

With your actual theme i can do really any game, any style, any gameplay, for elements : i could just put some fire torches and that's done.

Hello,

I just recently purchased LE3 (been playing with the trial for a little while now) and wouldn't mind having a shot at this if that's

alright. I'm not really interested in the prizes, I just think it'd be a great challenge to get myself to try and finish something while

learning more about the leadwerks engine at the same time.

Also, what timezone does this start in? I'm in australia so the 14th is only a few hours away for me.

@Arienthian. First of: welcome to leadwerks, hope you have lots of fun. second: of course you can participate. Never hurts to try, right!

It is no use for us to use a timezone. When it is the 14th your country, you can start. Same thing goes for the end date. Just have fun and play fair, thats all. :P

@YouGroove Dude, why do you have to make everything difficult my man :). Just go with the flow and make a game that has somewhat to do with elements.

As a teaser I'll say you will all want to practice up on your game making skills in competitions like this because something cool is coming. :)

YouGroove, keep in mind that while you can throw a torch in your game and call it a day, you're competing against other people. If someone throws two torches into their game then they've obviously outdone you and have a better chance to win the prize. So make a sincere effort to represent the theme if you want to win.

Rick... interesting tease.

Alright, I'm in. I'm gonna try something that I've been thinking about for a while which unfortunately is way above my head. Which means I most certainly won't finish... But at least I'll try to push myself and learn something along the way.

Elements, ey? Love that topic!

Can you make some thread for this tournament, were we can post screenshots ?

Would be great, and would motivate more all people.

Or it is a bad idea ? On gameArtisans or Polycount , this is each time a dedicaced thread with WIP screens.

Rick and I want to officially announce Leadwerks Game Tournament 2 !

You can make whatever you want: a game, demo, prototype, flythrough, walkthrough, model or shader as long as you use the

use the Leadwerks engine 2 or 3 to demonstrate it.

If 3D Editors are allowed, I'm in :)

"Better" is big enemy of "good"

@Aily All that's important is that you are using the LE API. So sounds like you are good to go with using your own editor.

I am intrigued... You are an excellent programmer and your previous demo's have shown that you are capable of quite complex structures. Looking forward to see your project.

So i'm in guis, let's call it "Solid Elements" :D

"Better" is big enemy of "good"