Leadwerks Game Tournament 2

AggrorJorn

Time is never enough. But time is a good constraint, though. Main concept of mine was done in first two days. But the further project progress, the harder development. Too many ideas and too few time for them. So my game will be very simple, without any art. AKA "game from programmer". :)

I wanna see some previews of your entries. Back when I was active on blender forums we used to have these sort of things and people were generally pro active with posting previews and with giving each other technical advice and encouragement online.

Makes it funner to watch too ^^

Core I5 2.67 / 16GB RAM / GTX 670

Zbrush/ Blender / Photoshop CS6 / Renoise / Genetica / Leadwerks 3

Alright we are somewhat halfway through this tournament. Everybody still in the race?

I actually have less time in these 2 weeks than I did in the first tournament of 1 week. Never the less, I am making some progress.

Finaly maked connection CPP+Leadwerks2 Lua (terrible at my opinion, but works seems fine).

Working with main UI.

"Better" is big enemy of "good"

Mine's almost done. just need to add some sounds if I can, otherwise it will have to stay mute.

EDIT: it appears that my laptop has a combo microphone jack that cannot receive sounds from line in, and all the stores have closed that would have to required converter cable *sigh*. So I'm going to wrap it up now and leave the game mute.

So... uh... how do I submit what I've done?

Well, sorry to say I won't be able to finish my project, and at its current stage there isn't even enough worth showing. I tried an implementation of the Geo Clipmap algorithm for rendering large terrains (read: element "earth" ;-) , see e.g. http://http.developer.nvidia.com/GPUGems2/gpugems2_chapter02.html for a description), but next to the fact that I had to relearn some long forgotten C++ skills and venture into shader programming for the first time, I simply couldn't put enough time aside for this project.

I will continue, however, and once it's done post it anyway to the Asset store.

Good luck to all remaining participants!

I have found working a full time job ex. 6am to 5pm Monday through Friday with a one hour commute time both ways does not leave adequate time for any sort of successful development. I will definitely post my project to the asset store once complete but half completed core components is not worthy of entry. Best of luck!