Lights won't render

Hello again fellow developers.

I've been busy with trying to set up the first test-level for our game, which is a small house that I've build using only BSP. The house also includes a grandfather clock model, but I couldn't get light to render onto the model. So my first step was to render the lights manually using the 'calculate light' button, but all it does is say "Lighting rendered in 21 millseconds" (the number of milliseconds varies from 20 to 24) and the load-bar never actually progresses. Even when I turn all the resolution on low, the result is the same; just an empty loadbar with the same text that never progresses. I wonder if this is some kind of bug, and if it is I would like to know if there is some kind of way around this.

For your convenience, I added a screenshot to demonstrate the problem.

7y4j.jpg

I would love to know how to deal with this problem, because I'm kinda stuck with it right now.

As far as I know, external Models can only be lit with dynamic materials on it and calculating light does nothing for external models. The calculate light feature will only light BSP created models in the editor. You can set a lightmap in the material for the model to have it "lit", but no shadows or anything.

You could make all materials dynamic and you wouldn't have to calculate lights, but then you can only have so many lights per model.

I'm already using a dynamic shader for the model, but I'm not sure the model is completely lit. As you can see on the screenshot, the clock is still not exactly lit (although you cán see it) even with a light directly in front of it.

I'm also not sure what to do about the bug though.

Thanks for the reply!