SPAMMING You with My Learning/Practice Game

Pancakes

Instead of posting too many pics and pushing other people's post off of the latest page I will post and SPAM here when I feel like it.

So here is a reference deformation I made for one of the Charm spells in the game. I won't describe too much about the spell because any self respecting RPG designer keeps their battle system's particulars secret until the last minute.

Well I may not be self respecting, and I may not be an RPG designer, but...wait where was I going with this? Oh ya, spamming you.

She's wearing Frilly Spandex (armor) which enhances the potency of Charm abilities. Oh yeah, no hands yet. Notes about the animation is that each attack/spell animation will be short and sweet and to the point. If you want to know what I mean by that, you can contrast the battle animations of Shin Megami Tensei : Nocturne vs say Final Fantasy summoning techniques.

All in all this particular spell would animate for about 2 seconds but I think the pose gets the point across about what's happening.

2vvkyvc.png

Core I5 2.67 / 16GB RAM / GTX 670

Zbrush/ Blender / Photoshop CS6 / Renoise / Genetica / Leadwerks 3

So uh, doesn't actually provide any protection at all?

Well it protects from rug burns, but other than that no. Charm magician is intended to be a high skill mechanic, high risk high reward. If you think the game's too hard you can put on some real armor but don't expect to be able to use Charm spells effectively

I like your art Pancakes. Not just from the above, but other screens you have shown also.

that's embarrassing to see you say, but thanks =p

it's a struggle for me, it's never been easy but it's fun though

Core I5 2.67 / 16GB RAM / GTX 670

Zbrush/ Blender / Photoshop CS6 / Renoise / Genetica / Leadwerks 3