BSP_Models_&_maping

waspzxz

Hey I was just doing some testing with the BSP brushes in the editor to see what is available in the tools.

even though I was able to build what you see in the pics I was limited to what i could do and these models would not run good in game there was to much overlapping going not good. I want to know are there any plans to update the tools to bring them to the level of Valve SDK .

Such as

1. Texture scaling, texture shifting, and texture rotation.

2. Poly face edit.

3. vertices and edge selection.

I know that ppl say there really is no need in it BSP brushes are for base structures.

this is true but then again its not if we look at Valves games all of there games are mapped and lade

out in BSP brush and then the more detailed objects are made in to a prefab and this works out really well

well this is just my thoughts. I hope to see these tools in the editor one day I feel it will make Leadwerks that much more of a powerful tool for making games.

post-7785-0-49584100-1378932799_thumb.png

post-7785-0-02624600-1378932858_thumb.png

post-7785-0-47777700-1378932903_thumb.png

There are some BSP mapping features that will definitely be added in the future. The built-in map design tools are one of the coolest aspects of Leadwerks 3, and this is an area I plan to continue improving. However, Linux support and OpenGL 4 rendering are the highest priorities right now.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Thanks Josh and gamecreator for your reply. I agree with you Josh when you say it's one of the coolest aspect of leadwerks 3 that's one of the things that got me to looking at leadwerks 3 and I fully understand about the need to focus Linux support and OpenGL4 I was just putting this out there for food for thought thanks.

• Upvote 1

Like gameCreator said , going complex, and needing UV control with texture covering several model parts, nothing will beat a modeler like Blender, Silo, Modo ,Cinema 4D and others more expensive like 3DS MAX or Maya.

Blender is free, powerfull it's my main solid modeling program, and animation system.

You can try Sketchup that is just awesome and easy, and can export to collada.

Blender can import Collada and export to FBX for Leadwerks 3.

Caus sketchup models have duplicated vertices , so some Blender "remove doubles" and export to FBX will help performance.

You have all beginners tutorials about Blender in LE3 tutorials section.

Stop toying and make games