Game Tournament 3: A Machine for Penguins

AggrorJorn

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering are we to post any progress on the forums?

Yes, this is encouraged:

PROMOTE YOUR PROJECT: Promotion is a critical part of game development. Be sure to post blogs about your progress and post updates on Google+using the tag #AMachineForPenguins. Anyone with a Leadwerks forum account will be able to vote, so more fans equals more votes and gives you an advantage! (Other suggested tags are #ubuntu and #linux.)

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it looks like TJHeldna is the only participant, so he wins all the prizes:

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/files/file/461-cold-feet-machine-for-penguins-demo-game/

I'm disappointed there was so little participation. On the other hand, I really like "Cold Feet" and I think it's the most polished looking demo we've gotten from these tournaments so far. The developer did a really nice job of blending in three themes: Linux, Halloween, and machinery. I hope we can get this game running on Linux soon.

post-1364-0-42539400-1383237703_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I also suspect having better prizes actually decreased participation. People see the prizes and think too many other people will be trying to win, so they don't bother. And it could make the process less fun if you are trying to "get" something:

http://timtopham.com/piano-teaching/why-extrinsic-rewards-are-so-bad-for-motivation/

• Upvote 1