Pre-Purchase Questions - LeadWerks Engine 3

HeadClot88

Thanks for response guys. Just to clarify my question, I have to say that I was talking about Leadwerks 3.1, not current version targeted for mobile devices. I have zero interest in current setup, however, 3.1 is something I may think about, provided that its not locking me down to LE editor of any kind, and giving me a freedom to build my geometry in 3dsmax and c++ only, for win, osx, linux. So pipeline you guys describing is current version or you have access to some alpha or beta version of 3.1 version, so you know details?

The conversion method is actually the same as Leadwerks 2, with a command-line utility that converts FBX files into MDL (same format as GMF). The only difference is the editor automatically detects changes and does this process silently in the background. You can still use the converters found in Leadwerks/Editor/Tools, but it's easier to just open the editor once, and it converts any source art files that are newer than the final format files.

No, no one has Beta access up to now, so we're describing the current pipeline. However, I don't think the workflow is going to change, rather that there will be an additonal project/platform for Linux. Josh mentioned he will be targeting CodeBlocks for the Linux project.