Modeling For Games

nate066

Hard to tell. Dpends on plattform you want it to display on.

Is it a "hero" object or just a ambient prop? Character is displayed as a crowd or single close-ups?

The more optimized the better. Use normal and displacemnt maps (if supported).

Pure3d Visualizations Germany - digital essences

AAA 3D Model Shop specialized on nature and environments

it would be for windows,mac,linux. it would be a 3rd person game character. prop objects being non moving ambient objects like a trash can or garbage bin. I use leadwerks or at least i will soon. I use 3DS Max to model, so normals are supported both in the engine and in the modeler.

I'd say 1000 for a simple object and 6000 or so for the character. These can vary wildly, depending on how you want to distribute your processing power. Fewer polys is always better, because it means you can have more of them.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I'd say 1000 for a simple object and 6000 or so for the character. These can vary wildly, depending on how you want to distribute your processing power. Fewer polys is always better, because it means you can have more of them.

Agree with this ... I have been experimenting ... tried to make a "tiled" space ship ...the triangle count was hitting 30k with a high draw call count ... so I moved to large,low poly blocks( 6 faces) .. now its hitting 14k triangles with 10 draw call count .. and the model looks exactly the same ...leaves room for adding more/other things to the scene ..

When im done building the model im going to combine all the parts into a single low poly model...that should further decrease the poly count..

Threadripper 2920X Gen2 CPU(AMD 12-core 24 thread) | 32Gigs DDR4 RAM | MSI Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Stock OCed | ASRock X399 Professional Gaming Motherboard | Triple M.2 500Gig SSD's in Raid0

Windows 10 Pro | Blender | Paint.NetWorld Machine | Shader Map 4 | Substance Designer | Substance Painter | Inkscape | Universal Sound FX | ProBuilder | 3D World Studio | Spacescape | OpenSky | CubeMapGen | Ecrett Music | Godot Engine | Krita | Kumoworks | GDScript | Lua | Python | C# | Leadworks Engine | Unity Engine