2D games and 2D Joint Examples (in Lua)

gamedev123

Hi all - I'm looking for two examples of Leadwerks 3.0 content with some specific constraints. Goggle isn't returning anything, so I figured I'd ask here.

(1) Are there any examples of 2D games (sideview scrollers) done with Leadwerks? Primarily interested in pixel-perfect rendering of 2D sprites (even better if there are also polygon backgrounds).

(2) Are there any examples of building 2D jointed physics bodies in Leadwerks using Lua? 2D ragdolls and such... And having them behave as a ragdoll operating in a 2D space...

Before Unity 3D's latest update, developers were using 2D Toolkit to get pixel perfect rendering of sprites. Just wondering if the Leadwerks solution would be to use pixel filtering on the texture and ensuring a strict size ratio between the mesh containing the sprite and the current screen resolution.

Thanks for the prompt response Josh.

The gameplay takes place on a 2D foreground plane with a 3D background (reactive to scrolling, some animations).

The idea is to convert an existing CoronaSDK prototype to Leadwerks (with enhancements) and then move on to more complex games that utilize more of the strengths of Leadwerks.

...lord knows I wish I was one of those who didn't need middleware. :-)