[Solved] Having All Kinds of Troubles

SarperSoher

Hi,

I'm a long time Blitz3D and Unity developer. I just purchased the Leadwerks 3 for Windows. I've been testing the trial version for some time now and I liked what I saw. Also I had no problems with the trial version at all.

I uninstalled the trial, downloaded the updater, did a clean install. But I'm having a ton of problems building a clean project or the Darkness Awaits project. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1) I installed the engine in "D:\Applications\Leadwerks" path initially. This caused the Darkness Awaits not to compile at all because the library path was set to "C:\Leadwerks..." I guess. It couldn't find the "Leadwerks.h" header or any other headers in that matter.

2) Moved the engine to "C:\Leadwerks" with everything included, ran the updater again in this path. This time upon trying to build it, it couldn't find the zlib headers. I have taken a look in "C:\Leadwerks\Engine\Source\Libraries" path and there are a bunch of libraries but no zlib. Updated does not download it.

3) I'm trying to run or debug the project in Leadwerks editor, I'm immediately getting a "Failed to lunch" error. I guess it's due to project being not build in Visual C++

I'm using Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express while trying to build the solutions (Visual Studio 2013 support would be huge though smile.png) . I have all the required redists. I have the latest OpenAL.

It is very important for me to be able to install the engine in any partition of my harddisk I like, I generally just keep the C: for OS and D: for everything else. It shouldn't break anything in solution properties in Visual Studio imo.

I searched the forums and the web and couldn't find any similar problems. Again any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

There was an update yesterday and I guess everyone already had the zlib headers...they're in now, so if you just run the updater it will download and extract them.

The rest of what you described is normal behavior. In the next version the Leadwerks path is a single property in the project, so you can change it in one place and all the paths will use that value.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.