BSP Mesh Export

Geometry created with CSG does not support dynamic lighting. It would be really useful if we could export our bsp maps as meshes and import them back into the engine as mdl's so we can use dynamic lighting and all the other goodies that come with it like normal mapping, specular mapping etc.

Here is all the files I use + the scene attached as a rar file.

Problems

- Spot and point lights do not effect the material at all in dynamic mode.

- Directional light effects the scene but bsp does not cast dynamic shadows.

- When a model is put into the scene, model cast dynamic shadows but again this dynamic shadow only gets effected by a directional light.

- Model casts the shadow even when there is no directional light. If there is no light in the scene, what produces this shadow?

Please let me know if you require anything further. Thanks!

You're right. Something is wrong, probably the light data not being fed to the shader...I'm using the same code for Leadwerks 3.0 and the 3.1 beta, and using macros to switch between the two and it appears something got overlooked in the new update. Let me investigate...

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Okay, I made a fix so hidden lights would not be renderered, but I accidentally forgot the "!" in front of the if condition. blink.png

This only affects the PC/Mac version.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I downloaded the latest update. The problem continues. I can see the dynamic light of the spot and point light in the editor but they have no effect when I save my scene and run the game, they disappear.

BSP still does not cast any dynamic shadows.

Another strange behaviour, spot and point lights don't have any effect on normal maps. As if normal maps don't use the light information, they don't change any direction based on the light angle.

Again, I'm using all dynamic shaders, dynamic material, dynamic shadow casting bsp.

BSP objects will likely never cast dynamic shadows because they are meant to be used as static level geometry.

The upcoming OpenGL 4 renderer does away with this distinction and just uses uniform dynamic lighting on everything. The OpenGL 2 renderer was created because hundreds of people told me they wanted something with lower hardware requirements. It turns out those people were basically lying, because they lost interest when they realized I couldn't magically make their low-end computers render the level of graphics they expected from Leadwerks; what they really wanted was Leadwerks graphics running fast on their low-end machines, which was impossible.

I mean, as a group overall of course. A lot of people in the Blitz forum swore they would buy it if the requirements were lower. I've learned since then not to listen to them.

To some extent, yes, but that also would have achieved zero growth. I think the winning combination is good graphics with a good editor.

• Upvote 2