Visuals in LeadWerks 3.1 ?

waspzxz

Hi, I have been watching as the updates that have been posted on the new LeadWerks 3.1 engine and I have to say that I'm impressed with how well things are going with it things are looking good from where I set, but I do have two questions:

1. The graphics: I have seen all of the screenshots that have been posted and they are looking good, however, it's not as good as a hands on of the editor itself. Are there any gaming engines out there that you can point out to show and give some ideas of what we can expect from the new OpenGL 4.0 render engine?

2 The cost to the user: Has there been a need for upgrades to your test systems, as in hardware ? Has there been a hit to the performance of the new 3.1 Editor/Engine itself with the new render engine ?

If these questions have been answered on a previous post sorry, I did not see it. Thanks

Graphical quality boils down to having good art assets and shaders. One can make the ugliest looking game even in Unreal Engine if one has no high quality assets and shaders.

With deferred rendering, dynamic shadow maps, anisotropic texture filtering, post processing support, OpenGL 4.0 level shaders support, megatextured terrain amongst other things, Leadwerks 3.1 gives you a very good foundation to build a game on graphically in my opinion. Question is, how much time, experience and budget one has.