bullet holes (decals)?

MexSource

Odd, I see a C++ example. Pasted from the wiki (and note that this is for Leadwerks 2):

TPick _Picked;
CameraPick( &_Picked, Camera ( framework camera here ), Vec3(GraphicsWidth() / 2, GraphicsHeight() / 2, 100), 0);

TMesh _Decal = CreateDecal(_Picked.surface, TFormPoint(Vec3(_Picked.X, _Picked.Y, _Picked.Z), NULL, _Picked.entity), 20.0/16.0, 32);

EntityParent(_Decal , _Picked.entity, 0);
PaintEntity(_Decal , LoadMaterial("abstract::bullethole.mat"));

AddMesh(_Decal , _Picked.entity);

My bigger concern was not finding an example for Leadwerks 3. Also, since you're not a developer I know you have restricted access to the forums but I'm pretty sure there were a few threads out there about it.

Note the link path, it has "le2" so I suppose this documentation is for LE 2.x not for 3.x (and yes LE2 was C, or better it was BlitzMax compiled DLL if I remember well, while the C++ version was just a wrapper around the C functions). We haven't the old T* types, like TMesh in the example posted on that page. I don't find anything about decals and surfaces for Leadwerks 3.

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

http://skaredcreations.com

A decal entity will be added in the future. This is quite cool as it gets rendered into the gbuffer before the lighting stage, and can effect normals.

• Upvote 3

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

You could of course until then create your own decals.

The most simple solution would be a plane square that is aligned to the surface of the object that got hit.

That's what I would recommend for now. It can be easily replaced later and doesn't take much work.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.