Realtime Emitter Editor

Von04

Well here it is, my Realtime emitter editor program. There's still a lot of work to be done on this program, so any feedback on bugs or feature requests would be appreciated.

Download Link:

The new download is available in the Downloads section on Leadwerks forum.

Current Version 1.0.2

Create up to five emitters:

Sound editor for adding sound to your emitters:

Auto-generates a Lua file:

Edit emitter values and color in Real-time:

Name each emitter:

Upcoming Version 1.1.0

Light Editor for adding lighting effects such as flicker or flash:

Unlimited number of emitters:

Better camera control:

Map loader for loading any .Sbx file for emitter placement reference:

Implement HeatHaze:

Implement Soft Particles:

This program allows you to create up to 5 emitters at once, changing all of their values in Real-time. You can then choose the Export to Lua option which saves all the emitters into one file, also auto-generating a .Lua file for you. All you have to do is export the file anywhere into your SDK folder, and when you open up the Editor the newly exported Emitter-Editor file will be available in the models tree. Simply drop and drag your new emitter file into the Editor and your done.

This program also has a sound editor for adding sound effects to your emitters.

Note: Emitter Editor will automatically save your: .Gmf, .Lua, sound file, and .mat files to the Directory you specify, but will not save any textures needed by your .mat files. You must transfer these manually. I didn't feel like writing out the code to read your .mat files to see what textures they were using.

Note: YOU MUST!!!! have microsoft.net 3.5 framework installed on your computer for this program to run.

This is a free download found at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en

Hope you all enjoy this,

Regards Von04

• Upvote 1

3d world studio. 3ds Max 8. GTX 260. Visual Studio 2010. Dual Core 2.6 Mhz processor.

At the moment Heathaze and soft particles don't work. I'm having trouble getting multiple buffers to work with my custom buffer in C#. If there is enough interest in this program, I will implement these features along with better camera control and a light editor for creating light effects for your emitter like flicker effect or light flashes.

3d world studio. 3ds Max 8. GTX 260. Visual Studio 2010. Dual Core 2.6 Mhz processor.

Wow, I'm sorry if you guys haven't been able to run my program. I forgot to add some .dlls to the .zip file. I will upload the new files right now. You will have to Re-Download the new stuff. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm sure you'll find it worth your while.

Von04

I would suggest the first thing everyone do after running this program is go into the Tools->Paths option and set all the paths accordingly. This will eliminate Path Not Found errors. Also, I would like to know if anyone has had the program running yet, so I know if I've included all the right files.

Von04

I get exceptions being throws upon startup and almost any item. Will mess w/ it more later to see if it's my fault.

Maybe next time you run it and get an Unhandled Exception you could click on Details and tell me what the exception was. It might help narrow it down for me.

Also, make sure you've unzipped the folder. The program will not run without exceptions straight from the .zip file.

Here's the exception at startup.

************** Exception Text **************
System.BadImageFormatException: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
  at Le.Leadwerks.CreateWorld()
  at EmitterEditor.Form1.StartLeadwerks(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Kisting\EmitterEditor\EmitterEditor\Form1.cs:line 84
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
   Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
EmitterEditor
   Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
   Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/niosop/Desktop/EEditor/EmitterEditor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
   CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Tao.Platform.Windows
   Assembly Version: 1.0.0.5
   Win32 Version: 1.0.0.5
   CodeBase: file:///Tao.Platform.Windows.DLL

Windows 7 x64 - Q6700 @ 2.66GHz - 4GB RAM - 8800 GTX

ZBrush - Blender

I get exceptions being throws upon startup and almost any item. Will mess w/ it more later to see if it's my fault.

After doing some research on the internet, I think the problem is a result of you having a 64 bit system and trying to read 32 bit .dlls. I'll have to investigate this some more. If anyone else is having problems or has got the program to work, it would be great to here from you.

i would say put up you code and let other people to help you track the bug and fix

from what i can see it will be a very good tool for a lot of us

Asus ROG STRIX B350-F GAMMING

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

32 gb ddr4

15 TB raid 5 HD

Nvidia EVGA 1060GTX

Win10 64bit

I'd test it on my 32 bit machine but I can't download the latest zip file as Rapidshare says its too busy all the time mellow.gif

I'm going to upload the files to the Download section on Leadwerks forum. Rapid share won't let anyone download my files right now. All I had to do was delete my map to make room, so the program won't have a background for right now.

Ok, well the Editor loads ok and the interface appears to be working fine on my XP 32bit machine but unfortunately I'm not seeing any particles displayed, however I suspect that's maybe down to my old ATI graphics driver on this machine as I can't see any particles in the Editor either when I drag a firepit into the scene. So I suspect this is probably working but maybe you need someone else to confirm this as I don't have time to re-install drivers tonight. Looks very professional though Von, nice job!!!

Doesn't seem to handle exceptions too well (an incorrect path will crash it) but I appreciate it's early days yet.

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

I'm going to fix a few known bugs and then recompile with x86 like Klepto suggested. Hopefully this will fix the problem. Another possible problem may be that you need to download the Tao OpenGl framework and install it on your computer.

Tao OpenGl is also a free download found at:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/taoframework

I should have the recompiled update ready in a few hours.