Congratulations on the Steam release and a few questions

Rastar

Congrats on releasing Leadwerks on Steam! It will be interesting to see where this takes the engine - judging from the comments, this move generates a lot of visiblity and attracts many people who haven't heard of Leadwerks before!

I have played with it a little and have some questions:

1) Is there a shader "in the box" that I could use for trees? I tried the "if (outcolor.a < 0.5 discard);" check on the leaves, and it works a little but not fully, and the tree shadow is wrong?

2) Using the terrain from level 8 and putting in a couple of trees (like 10), a get a pretty low framerate (like 60 fps). Is the fps counter reliable? If yes, that would be troubling.

3) I can confirm the large terrain crash bug (see http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/8032-steam-large-terrain-crash/). After you put anything in your scene (like a model) it cashes on start, just the terrain starts.

4) For the terrain level, it would be nice if there was a "fly-around" camera script.

I also have concerns regarding #2

I'm getting a varying but low frames per second (10-40) on the integrated FPS demo level on the highest quality settings with no AA on an AMD HD5770 gpu. I wonder what will happen if it was a production long level and there were more particles, physics and post process effects.

Loading times of the scene when the game runs is rather long too.

Correction to the terrain level FPS: I forgot to turn off vsync (blush), seems this is on after a fresh install. I now get around 80 fps, which still is not overwhelming, though.

Btw: Is there a code sample or something for the instanced rendering? I guess this needs special shader that use the uniform buffers, glInstanceId and stuff?