Leadwerks 3.1 release information

AggrorJorn

There seems to be a lot of confusion about 3.1. Not everybody has read Josh's blog so here is a recap:

What can you buy?

Leadwerks normal: C++ and Lua support. (bought via the website)

Leadwerks indie edition: only lua support. (bought via steam)

What is currently released?

Version 3.1 is currently only released for the Leadwerks Indie edition on steam and only for windows.

What has yet to be released?

3.1 Indie edition

• Support for Linux and Mac

3,1 Normal edition

• Release of 3.1 on Windows, Linux, Mac, Android and iOS
    Leadwerks 3.1 for Linux and Windows will be released together next, with the exact release date to be determined. Leadwerks 3.1 for Mac will follow this, with mobile add-ons for iOS and Android coming last.

So what do I need to buy now? All my potential customers use mobile devices. 3.0 allowed me to target them. So much enthusiasm from them. Now what? It wont even work on my desktop............

Programmer , Intel Quad core, NVIDIA GeForce GT 220, Windows 7 Pro, Galaxy Tab 2 ( 7" and 10"), LE2,LE3,3DWS

We now (in theory) have back the amazing renderer that my customers like. When do we get that on Mobile :)

Robin

Programmer , Intel Quad core, NVIDIA GeForce GT 220, Windows 7 Pro, Galaxy Tab 2 ( 7" and 10"), LE2,LE3,3DWS

I think only exposing Lua is a way to validate the cheaper $99 price tag. C++ makes things easier to integrate other libraries with so you could argue paying more for that as the normal version is $199 I think. I think it's a way to introduce game creation to people who are new since Lua is easier and $99 is more affordable.

But to my understanding, although the mobile versions will later be released for 3.1 they will still use their Leadwerks 3.0 (OpenGL ES 2) renderer (only the iPhone 5s and Android 4.3 upwards are using the new OpenGL ES 3). I guess it will be some time before we see this amazing renderer on the mobile versions..