New items ingame??

btstout1215

Hello,

I was wondering, How do i get new items ingame??

Like new weapons or new items in general because i watched a couple of vids on youtube and they have all of these weapons and tree's and they make the ground look like dirt and make it look all rocky and i was just wondering how they did this. and where the items come from.

You need art assets. Textures, models and animations. Sounds and music also if you want.

Models must be in FBX file format for that is the only format the engine currently supports.

Textures can be any image format except a few.

You just drag and drop these files into the leadwerks engine and it will automatically import them. Then you can create materials from the textures to assign them to brushes or models. Models can be dragged and dropped into the scene as soon as you import them.

You can use Blender to make your own models, but it takes a lot of time and effort. Recently Arteria 3d had a couple of free character models. You can also get free stuff from leadwerks asset store once you have the engine.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

... ripping assets from games is the new pop -

i post a link to every such stolen content to the support/publisher of the game in question !

very few offer free/legal content with good quality tbh ... might good to go.

AMD 64 X2 Dual 5k - 4GB - XFX GForce9800GT - nv196.21 - WinXP Sp3

zBrush4R2 - Silo2Pro - Unwrap3DPro - Gile - MaPZone2.5

adv_banner-april2012_720x150_tex01.png

Xxploration FPS in progress ...

http://www.blendswap.com/blends - 10.000+ free models ( license vary, but you can filter by license - and honestly even CC-BY can be used in commercial games. Not all models are game friendly so watch out for that)

http://opengameart.org/ - this one is a mine field in so far as licenses go so you really need to keep an eye out

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k