Gameplay Tutorial Requests Here

Rick

Just to let you know if you made videos on voxel-based generation. Every person that wishes to make a minecraft-clone (I hate calling it that) would come flocking. I know of a lot of people have gotten views by making some for unity3d. Just something i suggest placing on the back burner. It might even boost sells for leadwerks?

• Upvote 1

Just to let you know if you made videos on voxel-based generation. Every person that wishes to make a minecraft-clone (I hate calling it that) would come flocking. I know of lot of people have gotten views by making some for unity3d. Just something i suggest placing on the back burner. It might even boost sells for leadwerks?

HAHA, so true...

I am looking to get into Procedural Content Generation although I would transfer everything from a tutorial like that into something I could use for something a little different I'd like to see as much stuff related to this as possible. I am currently planning out a Dungeon Gen script for the game I will be working on once I get this... I think I will be able to grab the engine pretty soon too :P

I would love to have a 2.5D cam tutorial along the lines of Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate... I’ve been tooling around in another ‘indie’ engine for some time to get a game level like this going for awhile now.

Also how about

- Health Meter

- Object pickups

- Stringing together a melee combo

- Idle > Walk > Run > Walk > Idle cycle

I think I’m going to really like this engine.

We're going to take a bit longer and implement a deferred technique for decals. This has the advantage that you can have pretty much unlimited decals, even painting entire walls, and it will run fast. It also may allow decals on skinned animated meshes, for blood and damage.

Here is a more primitive implementation of the idea:

http://www.humus.name/index.php?page=3D&ID=83

• Upvote 2

My favorite suggestion is the security camera. I'd like to do this, with proper art assets and maybe an extra command to make life easier.

Doing portals would require an additional script function to ignore certain collisions, and it would be a lot of complicated code. It could be done, but that's probably better for one person's individual project.

I'm also interested in machinery and map interactions. Things like a moving crane and mechanical parts make good subjects for lessons.

• Upvote 4

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I really would like to see tutorial on emitters and examples of creating various type of emitters like fire, smoke, sparks etc.

Definitely this. I envision a kind of laser emitting device pointing to a spot which would create the beam, smoke where it's hitting the wall, etc.

I'm sure I'll have a million questions in my quest to master the Leadwerks Engine. Thank you for your patience.

Definitely this. I envision a kind of laser emitting device pointing to a spot which would create the beam, smoke where it's hitting the wall, etc.

You so stole that from Portal 2. ;)

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

The laser thing is actually a really nice idea because it shows a few new things we haven't demonstrated, and it introduces a new gameplay mechanic,

Totally, To make it awsome you could add a exaggerated displacement effect around the laser. You could also add trailing particles that kinda follow the main laser. then some glow and color correction and the new defferd decal of a laser burn on the wall you have an amazing effect.

A general tutorial on how to script RPG mechanics in Lua would be great. Inventory is already listed here, but I would add things like character and npc stats, skills/abilities along with activation and tracking mechanisms, looting/trading, weapon effects, etc.

Not sure it's been mentioned or there's a script already, but the minute I buy my copy tomorrow I'll be starting a 2.5 d project and would love to have;

- A camera follow script with smooth easing... similar to Unity's I guess

- Also is there a gamepad script available yet? This would also be great.

Excited to get going...

~t