Does this graphics card work with Leadwerks Game Engine: Indie Edition (3.1)

xAbraKaZebra

I have an older Radeon HD card and it works so I think your fine.

Graphics

OpenGL 4.0 deferred renderer with uniform lighting model supports any number of lights, all casting soft dynamic shadows.

Up to 32x hardware MSAA makes rendered images incredibly sharp and detailed.

Full support for vertex, fragment, geometry, and tessellation shaders.

Dynamic megatexture terrain provides fast rendering of terrains with many layers.

Hierarchical hardware occlusion queries provides fast visibility testing.

Hardware tessellation for dynamic real surface displacement on the GPU.

Normal mapping with specular and cubemap reflections.

Instanced rendering allows fast drawing of large volumes of objects.

Hardware skinning provides fast skinned animation.

Deferred transparency with multiple overlapping layers of shading.

Real-time mesh modification.

Trilinear and up to 16x anisotropic filtering.

Blend and transition animation sequences.

Extract animation sequences in the editor.

Thanks for your help guys/girls. I am having one other problem which is why I focused on getting that out of the way. I am confronted by an error. "Failed to initialize Graphics. Your hardware may not be supported." I have looked at other pages but they seem to have nothing other than loose ends. Also it might be worth adding that I also have an Intel HD Graphics 4000, whether that is conflicting with the my Graphics card I am unaware of.

Thanks for your help guys/girls. I am having one other problem which is why I focused on getting that out of the way. I am confronted by an error. "Failed to initialize Graphics. Your hardware may not be supported." I have looked at other pages but they seem to have nothing other than loose ends. Also it might be worth adding that I also have an Intel HD Graphics 4000, whether that is conflicting with the my Graphics card I am unaware of.

You may want to post this in the bug reports section.

If you install the Intel graphics drivers it will work, though it might be using the integrated chip instead of the discrete GPU. I would actually install both the ATI and Intel driver, because I saw on Nvidia setups the switching didn't work with older drivers.

Intel

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

AMD/ATI

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Nvidia

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

In the same computer? O.o Well you could always remove one to see if it is the issue

It's an integrated graphics card - people tend to slap a dedicated one in either because of output options or speed.

The quick fix would be to disable the intel gfx card in bios (if it lets you) the downside to that is you cannot use it to offload calculation on ( opencl, etc )

System:

Linux Mint 17 ( = Ubuntu 14.04 with cinnamon desktop ) Ubuntu 14.04, AMD HD 6850, i5 2500k

It's an integrated graphics card - people tend to slap a dedicated one in either because of output options or speed.

The quick fix would be to disable the intel gfx card in bios (if it lets you) the downside to that is you cannot use it to offload calculation on ( opencl, etc )

i always forget about those because i never buy a board with integrated

You can also find a program called GPUCapsViewer and it will display your OpenGL capabilities.

Also, Leadwerks creates a log file here:

"C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Leadwerks/Leadwerks.log"

If you post the contents of that file we can see what GPU is in use and what OpenGL version it supports.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Wow, never thought I would get this much help guys. Thanks so much!

Josh.

Here is the contents discovered in the directory you listed.

Initializing OpenGL4 graphics driver...

OpenGL version 400

GLSL version 400

Device: Intel® HD Graphics 4000

Error: Failed to create background context.

Failed to initialize graphics. Your graphics hardware may not be supported.

• 9 months later...