External Lua IDE

SarperSoher

How would one go about integrating Leadwerks' API to an external Lua IDE so it can auto-complete API commands and color them accordingly?

I know Notepad++ and some other text editors have plugin systems towards this but do I have to type in the commands one by one and set them in a plugin or is there an easier way to somehow import the API to a third party IDE?

I'm aware it wouldn't be possible (or easy to implement) debugging the Leadwerks authored code but I would sure love to work on something like this as I dislike the white background and lack of some simple features like browsing the open tabs with keyboard or navigating the caret in the code with great features all the text editor have.

Any pointers much appreciated.

So after a bit of research I've found this free (funded by donations) IDE called ZeroBrane Studio. It contains everything I need and is cross-platform. I will try my hand at implementing the Leadwerks API auto-completion and highlighting to it. I also think it may be possible to run the Leadwerks project through the IDE but I'll have to look into it once the other 2 features are done.

I'll let you know of my progress here and share it freely.

• Upvote 1