tabs vs spaces in script editor

Felix Bytow

Hi,

it would be cool, if there was an option for the builtin script editor to choose between tabs and spaces for indentation. Also the tabwidth should be configurable as 8 spaces is quite long for some people ;-)

Another nice feature in that regard would be a button in the menu to convert indentation tabs to spaces and vice versa.

• Upvote 1

I agree and there is much more space for improvement there. Personally I moved to Sublime Text 2 and working on my own completion and snippet files. Plan is to release them here once they are done. I also integrated the Leadwerks API highlighting and auto completion on ZeroBrane IDE but that is not so fun to work on compared to ST2.

• Upvote 1

As I also like to use Sublime Text for other things like perl development (or lately thanks to a new C++11 plugin also for C++ when a large IDE would simply be overkill) you got me to another idea.

It would also be cool if one could configure leadwerks to use an external editor of choice (be it sublime, notepad++, ultraedit or whatever).

So when you click the "edit script" button in leadwerks the file gets opened in the external editor.

It would also be cool if one could configure to use an external editor of choice (be it sublime, notepad++, ultraedit or whatever).

So when you click the "edit script" button in leadwerks the file gets opened in the external editor.

Good idea, I'm currently more interested in the ability to run Leadwerks generated Lua interpreter of a chosen project directly from Sublime Text so I don't have to switch back to Leadwerks every time I want to test the application. I'll look into it once the completion file is done.