Suggestions for the level editor.

ChrisV

Hello,

Here are some suggestions to improve the workflow when working in the level editor. smile.png

- An option to select multiple files in the thumbnail window at the bottom of the assets panel and the ability to edit these multiple files at the same time (delete, rename, etc...).

Currently, it's only possible to select only one thumbnail at once (as far as i can tell wink.png), which is no problem if you only have a couple of items that you want to edit, but if you have like 10 or more files that you want to delete (or whatever), it'll take quite some time. Also, a shortkey to do these actions (delete, copy/paste) would be very handy and time saving. smile.png

- In the 'Scene' tab, a feature to double click on an item in the list, and make the cam (in perspective mode) focus on that particular item. This would be very handy to quickly find back any particular object/item in your scene. Maybe the same principle could also be done when double clicking on any object in the perspective window, thus highlighting the double-clicked item in the 'Scene' panel.

I also noticed that the colour of the highlighted item in the 'Scene' panel, is almost the same as the white background. A more noticeable colour would fix that.

- When in 'face select' mode, i noticed that the related buttons/options for that mode are in the 'Objects' panel. No problem with that, but it would be great to have the panels switch automatically whenever you select either the 'Select Face' mode, or the 'Select Object' mode. smile.png

- Selecting an object (which has a material applied) doesn't always show the material name used for that object. It would be great to always see the material name (in the 'Appearance' tab) for all objects (csg or custom models). wink.png

That's about it for now. Thanks!

• Upvote 2

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3

- In the 'Scene' tab, a feature to double click on an item in the list, and make the cam (in perspective mode) focus on that particular item. This would be very handy to quickly find back any particular object/item in your scene.

I agree this would be usefull, instead of having ourselves each time moving camera to the object to be able to select it.

• Upvote 1

Stop toying and make games

- In the 'Scene' tab, a feature to double click on an item in the list, and make the cam (in perspective mode) focus on that particular item. This would be very handy to quickly find back any particular object/item in your scene.

I agree this would be usefull, instead of having ourselves each time moving camera to the object to be able to select it.

Right click on an object in the scene tab and click to the "Go To" option or press CTRL + F.

Right click on an object in the scene tab and click to the "Go To" option or press CTRL + F.

Yes, i know about that option. Forgot to mention that. biggrin.png

Still, it would be nice to have a doubleclick option on the item in the list. And, also work vice versa...doubleclicking on any item in the perspective window and have it focused upon in the Scene list. wink.png

ZBrush 4R7 64-bit - 3DCoat 4.5 BETA 12 - Fl Studio 12 64Bit - LE 3.2 Indie version - Truespace 7 - Blender 2.71 - iClone 5.51 Pro - iClone 3DXChange 5.51 pipeline - Kontakt 5 - Bryce 7 - UU3D Pro - Substance Designer/Painter - Shadermap 3 - PaintShop Photo Pro X7 - Hexagon - Audacity - Gimp 2.8 - Vue 2015 - Reaktor 5 - Guitar Rig 5 - Bitmap2Material 3