Terrain : Quick Flattent with fixed Height

YouGroove

Very long to Flattent terrain when we want constant Height.

flatten.jpg

Would be great to have an option to quick Flatten always same Height under the mouse.

Making dungeons, or swamps style maps, would be lot lot more fast to do, actually it's a pain to not have basic Flatten Fixed Height option.

• Upvote 1

Stop toying and make games

Are you saying is the problem is getting a consistent height? Because you can just make the terrain tool radius huge and flatten the whole terrain in a couple of clicks.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

What you would want here (seen it done before, and I believe is what he's asking for) is to be able to set an elevation Z value. Then, when you paint, the terrain vertices would snap to that elevation under the brush (making stepped terraces down a mountain side, flatten the ground under a building, etc).

An extension to this would be to set the brush to World or Local. World would obviously snap to the world Z value you enter, while local would alter the vertices +/- their current value (useful for cutting trenches to a precise depth that follow the dips and rolls of the terrain, or flattening a roadbed).

NOTE: I haven't used the editor yet, so I'm not sure of its current functionality. Just offering my opinion based on other editors I've worked with. Feel free to tell me to mind my own business ;)

• Upvote 1

--"There is no spoon"

I am not sure if that is meant here so i might be wrong.

But i think it would be nice to have the possibility to flaten terrain by code ingame.

Since i am working a bit on realtime strategy this would be nice when placing buildings on terrain. Not sure if that is possible though.