Can't launch Leadwerks

So, I've bought it on Steam but I can't manage to launch it as it crashes immediately. I get a kernel32 memory windows error. Tried to reinstall several times (without antivirus or firewall too) but without success. Leadwerks crashes before it can write a log file. Visual c++ redist and openGl are correctly installed.

My computerspecs: Windows Vista home edition, 3 Go RAM, Nvidia GT430 graphic card (compatible openGL 4 and dx11) , AMD Athlon 7550 dualcore 2,50Ghz 32bits.

Any ideas?

fn9smb.png

You can switch to the beta branch by right-clicking on Leadwerks in your game list, then select "Properties". Go to the "Betas" tab and select the "beta - latest build for testing" branch.

The current beta is mostly a bug fix patch and is going to be made default next week if all is well.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

The exact error I get is :"The procedure entry point K32GetProcessMemoryInfo could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll". I'm reinstalling Windows (It takes a while because of sp1 to sp2 download and install), so we will see... dry.png

fn9smb.png

So I never managed to make it works on this computer. I reinstalled LW on my wife 's computer (Win8 64bits) and it worked (after a graphics card change, because the integrated one wasn't compatible ....and after a lot of negotiations ^^). Now I can play! Muuuahahahah!

fn9smb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, checked on Google about your kernel32.dll errors:

Kernel.dll errors are caused by situations that lead to the removal or corruption of the kernelDLL file.

In some cases, kernel.dll errors could indicate a registry problem, a virus or malware issue or even a hardware failure.

So please check this PC. You will surely have lots of issues with it, not just Leadwerk giving errors.

I would also check the memory since you have only 3Gb which is low for Vista. Some errors related to kernel32.dll issues are also to memory assignation errors.

I checked your card on the NVidia web site, it support DirectX 11.0 and opengl 4.4 with the latest driver.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like this is a really obscure Windows thing. Interesting:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms683219%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

The good news is it looks simple to fix. The bad news is it looks difficult to test, without me setting up another Vista machine.

Starting with Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2, Psapi.h establishes version numbers for the PSAPI functions. The PSAPI version number affects the name used to call the function and the library that a program must load.

If PSAPI_VERSION is 2 or greater, this function is defined as K32GetProcessMemoryInfo in Psapi.h and exported in Kernel32.lib and Kernel32.dll. If PSAPI_VERSION is 1, this function is defined as GetProcessMemoryInfo in Psapi.h and exported in Psapi.lib and Psapi.dll as a wrapper that calls K32GetProcessMemoryInfo.

Programs that must run on earlier versions of Windows as well as Windows 7 and later versions should always call this function as GetProcessMemoryInfo. To ensure correct resolution of symbols, add Psapi.lib to the TARGETLIBS macro and compile the program with -DPSAPI_VERSION=1. To use run-time dynamic linking, load Psapi.dll.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe this is fixed for the next update on the beta branch in Steam. Please talk to me after you have tested it. Thank you.