Indie Edition [ Requests + few Questions ]

Georjack

Hello all,

Finally, I succeeded to buy Leadwerks : Indie Edition.

My first impressions are good! I have not any inconvenience!

But, I've few Requests + few Questions.

I will try not to bother you too much or nagging.

Here we go! By the way, It would be great if I will receive a response from Josh!

Requests

Please provide me the entire documentation offline in CHM or HTML format

Questions

1. It will be and when it will be implemented LUA encryption?

2. From what I understand, LE 3.1 requires DX11 to run, but the game exported and compiled,

requires the same? What I mean is that there, on steam, are a plenty of games that have a super 3D graphics and not requires DX11. For example, with my video card, the older ones, My old card GT220, now I own GT630, I was able to play almost of all games like Bioshock 2 or QUBE. So, the game exported and compiled,

requires the same DX11 or run fine on DX10?

3. I tried to set 32x MSAA but the game worked in interruptions, it's not enough my GT 630 for this?

Or I wrote the code in a LUA wrong file? So, how to activate this 32x MSAA?

This is it!

Thanks in advice!

Lua encryption

All lua files can be compiled to luac files. This process is not automated yet.

DirectX 11

I think the DX11 was added by Josh, because you need a modern computer to be able to run DirextX 11. Since most people are more aware on whether they can run DirectX games, rather then OpenGL games its was more likely to put DirectX 11 as a requirement. People would think: "Aha, I need directX 11. I can't run that.". If people see "OpenGL 4", they probably don't know that this requires 'heavy' machinery.

But still: kinda confusing.

32x msaa

32x msaa is very heavy on your gpu. Here is a post which demonstrates the render time for a frame:

As for the request: You can make a suggestion in the suggestion forum. (I assume you have acces there?)

Nvidia started supporting OpenGL 4 / DX11 with the 400 series. According to Steam, 60.54% of Steam users presently have a DX11 / GL4 card:

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

When Leadwerks 2 was launched, I think only something like 35% of Steam users could run it, and after a couple years that figure was around 90%. Virtually everything being sold today supports OpenGL 4, even Integrated graphics.

This may make your potential audience smaller, but the majority who can run it actually have a good reason to care about your game, instead of it just being another game in a sea of games. We probably sell a lot of extra copies of Leadwerks just because it is exclusively OpenGL 4.0, and that creates a good reputation.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

From what I've experienced there's a huge performance boost by both not supporting prior OpenGL versions and the newer OpenGL api.

Not supporting legacy means no structuring or checking for mitigation, +1 for performance.

The newer api reduces latency and communication between the app and the gpu +1 for performance.

5c8e5100fc6df22c8938ce77ed686a42.png = OpenGL

Thank you all for the question especially to Josh with the link http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey that clarified me.

But, I still have no answer to my Request and my first Question about LUA encoding.

About Offline DOC, I need this, because sometimes, I want to learn offline, not online.

About Lua Encryption. I want to know if I'll be forced to buy a packger software for secure my game and I think that this will be ver frustrating for me. This means that I'll paied a little more for Leadwerks 3. For example, if I paied for LE3 almost 100Eur + 50-60Eur for a packger software, I will really consider that I'll paied to Leadwerks 3, as an emend. I'm not mischievous, but this situation sounds like an emend!

For example, I bought a software called: ShaderMap 2, but I did not consider this as an emend, because I know that this is not an obligatory tool to be included in Leadwerks 3.

Otherwise, everything is ok, so I'm happy with Leadwerks! wub.png