Lua String encryption

YouGroove

You could probably find some Lua specific library for this, but I would say that it's sort of a pointless task. The only data you would want to store would be for single player (you would never store anything of importance on the client side in a multiplayer game), and if it's singleplayer does it really matter? If the user wants to cheat then why would you care if that's how they choose to play your game?

Also any sort of encryption all done on the users machine will be hacked anyway. You can't store anything securely on a client machine. You can make it slightly harder to get at, but all it takes is one person to crack it (which if your game is at all popular will happen) and share how it's done on the internet for all to do the same and all your efforts were for nothing.

As I said though, google for Lua encryption and I'm sure you'll find some Lua library for it.

and if it's singleplayer does it really matter? If the user wants to cheat then why would you care if that's how they choose to play your game?

Better encrypted , less easy for people that could too easy cheat the moment some little difficulty appears.

I remember some games frustrated me i just went in God mode laugh.png

... but well the game loosed all it's interest, and all it's world magic of discovery caus you progress in game.

You can make it slightly harder to get at, but all it takes is one person to crack it (which if your game is at all popular will happen) and share how it's done on the internet for all to do the same and all your efforts were for nothing.

It's lot better t onot have readable stuff.

Only people knowing well PC and saves will od that , all lambda customers will not care to cheat and some people will prefer to enjoy regular game.

Stop toying and make games

I remember some games frustrated me i just went in God mode

Don't make a frustrating game and people won't feel the need to cheat :). The argument goes both ways. They could get frustrated and stop playing as well. I don't think this is a good argument for this functionality as it can go both ways.

There really isn't any valid argument for this. If you're the kind of person who wants to cheat at a singleplayer game then you will find a way. Personally it never even occurs for me to try, but if someone wants too who are we to stop them? They paid their money to you already and either they want to enjoy it with cheating or you made it too difficult.

Some indie games have high difficulty based on pure skills and lot of people like that old school way.

All depends on the game type you make and what people it is for.

Encryption could serve also to save some states on a map like :

map1.passage01.unlocked = YES

Well, i'll have to do without for now.

Just thaught it could be part of Leadwerks 3.

Stop toying and make games