Terrain meshes

Rick

I'm afraid you would have to spend $249 for that experiment. I you like I can generate the meshes for you (you could define your terrain in the basic edition and send it over). You wouldn't be allowed to use them commercially, of course. Just PM me if that's an option.

Try importing the 16bit format (r16), that should work. Can't remember right now if LE supports the r16 extensions, if not just rename it to "raw".

It depends on your vertical terrain scale if 8bit is enough, but in many cases the 256 values are a little too few - for a 1000m terrain this means a resolution of 4m. I use 16bit formats most of the time.

EDIT: One thing that comes to my mind: If I remember correctly, the Basic Edition of World Machine by default generates a terrain of 513x513. So you'd have to remove that checkbox under Project Parameters to make it 512x512. Also, you have to create a 512x512 terrain in Leadwerks instead of the default 1024x1024.