Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for a team

Lua / C++ ? What have you already done so far?

Lua. I know C++ but I only have indie edition so thats out of the question for the game except for the external mod tools.

Right now im learning radiants format and trying to parse it with Lua. Im looking for people willing to commit to creating a good FPS game engine with leadwerks as the base to run the zombies engine. Cant have one without the other.

@Toxic72 :

I would suggest you some points :

- make description precise docs : gameplay, weapons, make a first level map design drawings and ideas

- make a first map yourself with basic zombies and player that works

- your features you listed can be added after you have a working map level

Are you sure people are interested by your "Open" features ?

I would say make your game , make these features yourself.

@Toxic72 :

I would suggest you some points :

- make description precise docs : gameplay, weapons, make a first level map design drawings and ideas

- make a first map yourself with basic zombies and player that works

- your features you listed can be added after you have a working map level

Are you sure people are interested by your "Open" features ?

I would say make your game , make these features yourself.

Well im planing on making it open so people can modify and use if they wanted to, no need to close source unless other people suggest otherwise.

dont know if I should take this seriously.

and why you use leadwerks for your engine? inception?

Also, leadwerks is a decent base for the engine, next gen technologies already built in and it doesn't have as much clutter as other solutions.

Writing it from scratch? Simply would take more people than are willing to work on the project.

Well im planing on making it open so people can modify and use if they wanted to, no need to close source unless other people suggest otherwise.

Why don't you take UDK , that all beyond any expectations you could ask in terms of advanced shader, multi layer materials, breakable physics, already FPS framework, optimization far away from LE3 that don't have any etc ... ?

Free and open to use, FPS ready.

I don't think people will code the features that you expect for you, you should try to find a game goal and make it instead. But if it is your pleasure to code and program all that, then go make it.

its your project and if you want to do it you can try it but I dont would use leadwerks. leadwerks is not that advanced and deep for something like this imo. I would start on a lower level. sdl + glm or start with opengl from scratch. if there is a bug in leadwerks your engine will be stuck until its fixed. in your expose I see "good audio engine" - use openAL.

I also dont see any network stuff in your todo list. networking will be a nightmare from scratch. node .js would be a nice solution here I guess.

an engine is not a weekend project and you need a lot of experience in maths optimizing and algorithms. just take a look into shaders.

you also call it "next gen engine". well, a next generation engine should needs techniques that are used in the future. if your engine will ever be finished it will be outdated when you use techniques that are now state of the art.

I truly admire expressed enthusiasm. I say, go for it and give it a shot. But be realistic and expect that you will not finish what you aiming at. On that way you will learn a lot and avoid disappointment if engine/game never see a daylight. Good luck and God speed man.

so for each of your features, this is something i'm having to force myself to do, is to explain how you expect each of these features to work in your game. You may think that this sounds self explanatory but you need to be specific. Lets take bullet penetration, What can bullets penetrate, how thick of what material, how do you plan on calculating this, how much, if any, damage dealt/velocity will be loss. how does that relate to thickness of each material. This is just a few examples off of the top of my head, for questions that need to be answered just for your bullet penetration idea.