Tutorial request

KTyJLXy

Sup guys. I hope you all having a nice day and all that stuff.

My english is not so good, so i must ask you to forgive me about that, but i hope that you will understand me. (But some build-in grammar check on this forum would be nice...).

Well, i've recently bought leadwerks steam edition. It's pretty cool and simple IDE, but i have some questions about it.

First, i can't find any info 'bout .lua file that starts the game. Well, the thing i wanna do is to create a map file from starting .lua script and load it. But i cant figure out where that starting script is. unsure.png

I'm pretty new to all that object coding stuff, since in the time of my education i've used such languaches as asm/C and Haskell/Lisp. All this OOP is just very confusing to me blink.png

Second, there are many tutorials about compiling the game, but they all seems to be outdated. I don't have any "source" folder in my projects. Well, i can run the game allright with the leadwerks editor, but i want to share it with friends of mine, for example. So what did i do? I've packed whole project folder and sent it. Surprice, it works. With steam integration, no less. All that shift + tab stuff. Works like some black magic.

I've tried searching throught the tutorials, no effect. So, any help/tutorial links would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time smile.png

There is a "publish" button inside the project manager. It will create an installer for you.

**** this i'm blind biggrin.png

Thank you. Just found that button. Were trying to use export button instead.

So, last question, how do i create new map file from app.lua and open it for editing?

map files are created in the editor only.

in App.lua to laod a map file use LoadMap function.

So there are no way to create map files from the .lua scripts? I just need to have some empty map files as a premade and use them?

Make new empty level in the editor save is as "MyMap" for example.

And in App.lu or in another script , just load this empty map with MapLoad each time you need it.

Beware , thete is no function so save a map if you add objects to the scene.

(Could be a great new feature to be able to save maps :) )

Stop toying and make games

Beware , thete is no function so save a map if you add objects to the scene.

(Could be a great new feature to be able to save maps smile.png )

So, if i'll generate map procedurally from the empty map template - i will not be able to save any changes? That is, if i understand that correctly.

Thing is, i want to make labyrinth, like good ol' dungeon crawlers. And no save maps means no save games :(

It means you won't be able to use Leadwerks .map file but you can make your own and load it when the game starts. You don't need the Leadwerks map at all if you plan on doing procedurally generated content.

Thank you guys, that would be all of my questions for now smile.png