Once again: multi-material assignment

Rastar

As a 3D modeling analphabet I need a little help here...

I am trying to import some tree models from pure3D's Vegetation Starter Pack. As usual for trees, they have at least two materials (for trnk and leaves), sometimes more. Now, assigning those two materials for the beeches in the pack (using drag 'n' drop in the model editor) works fine, but e.g. fails for the oaks: any material will always be applied to the whole model.

What puzzles me is that those trees look similar in structure when viewed in UltimateUnwrap3D, and I don't really know what Leadwerks is looking for to identify a surface. I *could* export the materials/groups as separate meshes, but I don't really want to do that.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong or can change to make things work?

Normally you don't need to assign the materials manually. I have the same pack and once you copied everything into one of your model folders Leadwerks convert the models and generates the tex-textures from the dds files. Now you just need to select a diffuse texture and create the material via right click and save it (you might need to adjust the material if normalmap is not found or it is an alpha channel used). Once you created all materials, just open up the models via double click and they should show up with the materials. Save the models to update the thumbnail image and voila you have the models converted.

• Intel® Core™ i7-8550U @ 1.80 Ghz 
  • 16GB RAM 
  • INTEL UHD Graphics 620
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit-Version

Mmmh, I started over by deleting everything and copying the files freshly into the Leadwerks folder. The automatic assignment didn't work for me, but that be because the file paths are different (at least the DAE files reference textures in an "images" folder, but the the distribution stores them in a "textures" folder that I copied over).

Now it's working smile.pngblink.pnghuh.png , but I don't think I've done anything different than the first time.

Anyway, thanks for your help!

I had this problem with a free enterable cottage from pure3d.

It worked automatically in le 2.but in le 3.0 I had to apply textures manualy in the model editor .

A single texture covered the whole model. Did the whole thing again with no luck.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

You want the models and textures in one of your Leadwerks project folder (whatever your game name is). Once you have copied your models and textures (make sure they are all in the same folder together). Double click one of the models and then you need to calculate normals once you have applied that and saved all the textures that are included in that model will be assigned automatically.