Questions about Leadwerks From Unity 3D and compating them

MilitaryG

1. Does Leadwerks have Peer To Peer? Or is it same as in unity 3D that's impossible to make Peer to peer?

2. Does Leadwerks support heaving multiple scripts on 1 object like Unity or not?

Basicly I'd like to switch because Unity will never do Linux Editor.

And topics on Leadwerks are mostly gray and hard to find any good resources about it.

3. Also I've found that Leadwerks does not have royalties but is it possible to buy licence permanently like for unity or not?

4. is there a possibility of OnColliderEnter or OnCollisionEnter like in unity or would I have to implement that my self somehow?

5. are objects in scene accessed by reference of by value (searching for them each time).

thanks in advance.

Learn to obey

before you command

when you see very good tactic

sit back and think again.

Basics prince Zuko.

Basics are your greatest strength.

1. There is no build in networking. If you want to use peer to peer networking you have to implement it yourself or use a third party.

2. 1 script per object. However you can attach pivots to objects which can have a script attached to them.

3. The license you purchase is not a year license. You but the license, you are forever allowed to use the software.

4. You can implement it yourself or use an existing script from the tutorial project. Alternatively you can use this script.

5. You can do both if you want. If you create a new object from code, you can access it via reference. However you can also give it a name tag and iterate through the world to find it.

• Upvote 1

4. is there a possibility of OnColliderEnter or OnCollisionEnter like in unity or would I have to implement that my self somehow?

You would have to Impliment them. But i just did this yesterday. http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/blog/120/entry-1186-ladders-are-evil-ugh/

The code is here http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/blog/120/entry-1186-ladders-are-evil-ugh/#comment_5104

• Upvote 1

1. Does Leadwerks have Peer To Peer? Or is it same as in unity 3D that's impossible to make Peer to peer?

There's a solution in the works for this, but it has not been announced and is not available.

2. Does Leadwerks support heaving multiple scripts on 1 object like Unity or not?

I found that one script per entity provides a much cleaner interface. In theory the multiple scripts idea sounded good, but in practice it became much harder to work with. When you have one script per entity you can easily check a health value, call a function, etc. without looping through a bunch of different attachments.

3. Also I've found that Leadwerks does not have royalties but is it possible to buy licence permanently like for unity or not?

You never owe royalties and you can make as many games as you want. The software you buy is yours to use forever.

There is a collision script function you can use for this. There are no other collision script functions at this time.

5. are objects in scene accessed by reference of by value (searching for them each time).

I don't understand this question.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.