Incorrect lightning / Shadowing

bandrewk

That's normal for cascaded shadow maps. They can only cover so much distance. If you turn the light quality settings up, the shadows will use more stages. You can do this with the World:SetLightQuality() command (give it 0, 1, or 2). This can also be set in the editor options (but that setting does not affect your game).

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Lightmapping is not modern. It is terrible. It will never come back.

And now that the engine is faster, we can all be happy.

Moving this topic to requests, because it is a request, indirectly. And a good one.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Hi, Josh!

Lightmapping is not modern. It is terrible. It will never come back.

Ok, Thats is clear. Lightmapping had some quality to it that would be needed for realism. But, If you say it will never come back you have a solution to give equivalent quality of lightmaps.

What you you propose for indirect lighting (bounced light)? To my knowledge, lightmapping was the only way to have those. The only "newer" technique that seem to do that in real time is "

" but the hardware is not powerful enough to have a clean render.

Is there already something in current renderer that does that? If we can simulate the "cornell" box scene with Leadwerks 3.1. Then I'll be really happy. If not, we have to find a solution to have indirect lighting...

• Upvote 2