Scene panel grouping

bandrewk

+ 10

I already submitted such suggestion, they could be number one priority after Linux, since we have to deal each time with that big list that quickly becomes a nightmare.

I asked ability also to move objects to parents or root without having to scroll ,scroll, and scroll until reaching top list root.

• Upvote 1

Stop toying and make games

Yeah, I agree this can be difficult in large maps.

There's a few different things we can try. Right now, it shows the entity hierarchy which is useful, and we don't want to create confusion with a "fake" hierarchy.

Here are a few things I have thought about:

• Separate brushes / entities. Problem: What if they are both mixed in the same hierarchy?
  • A search box. When you enter the name and search, it shows all matches in a list.
  • Add arrow buttons for adjusting the hierarchy. Drag and drop is actually not that great all the time.

I'll have to experiment a bit to see if we can optimize it.

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

Separate brushes / entities. Problem: What if they are both mixed in the same hierarchy?

Separating will complicate workflow and others engines put all in the same scene could it be particles, lights, models ....

Can't imagine a house model and it's door, windows prefanbs in different hierarchy.

Add arrow buttons for adjusting the hierarchy. Drag and drop is actually not that great all the time.

Copy/cut/past of group of hierarchy is what is essential actually and missing , it becomes a nightmare to work with big list and sub hierarchy and drag and drop.

Stop toying and make games

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

i need this feature too.

maybe tag's whould also be fine and a filter like the assert fileextension below.

u tag objects and then just rebuild the treeview by a filter.

PC : Win 10 Pro 64 Bit , 4x cores ~2 GHz , 8 GB RAM , AMD R7 265

2D : Photoline , Zooner Photo Studio 13 , Art Rage Studio 3.5.4 , Ashampoo Snap 7 , ...

3D : Shade 15 Basic , Carrara 8.5 & DAZ Studio 4.8 , Cheetah 3D 6.3.2 , Via Cad 8

Music : Samplitude Music Studio , Music Creator 7

IDE : Leadwerks Engine 3.x , Unity 5.x , (Unreal 4.8.x) , AGK v2.x , Construct 2 , (Clickteam Fusion 2.5) , ShiVa 1.9 , Game Maker Studio , MS Visual Studio .Net , Android Studio , Monkey , ...

btw, we need also a eye icon in tree view, for fast hide/unhide scene objects.

as example screenshot, u can hide a house but show some inside objects for arrange.

post-13423-0-39980600-1419927904_thumb.png

PC : Win 10 Pro 64 Bit , 4x cores ~2 GHz , 8 GB RAM , AMD R7 265

2D : Photoline , Zooner Photo Studio 13 , Art Rage Studio 3.5.4 , Ashampoo Snap 7 , ...

3D : Shade 15 Basic , Carrara 8.5 & DAZ Studio 4.8 , Cheetah 3D 6.3.2 , Via Cad 8

Music : Samplitude Music Studio , Music Creator 7

IDE : Leadwerks Engine 3.x , Unity 5.x , (Unreal 4.8.x) , AGK v2.x , Construct 2 , (Clickteam Fusion 2.5) , ShiVa 1.9 , Game Maker Studio , MS Visual Studio .Net , Android Studio , Monkey , ...

Some form of folder system would be good, essential for big projects.

+1 for the eye icon.

Also when you select an item in the scene panel its hghlighted in a blue but when you select it in a scene window its a light grey and can be hard to spot, can this be changed to blue as well.

Elite Cobra Squad