Need some help :)

TemplarAsh

Hi all,

Currently I have been learning with the Darkness Awaits barbarian player and goblin AI monsters. I have tweaked the Lua files a bit and am happy it works, but I do not know how to tell the goblins that the barbarian has died and to stop attacking him. I tried changing the teamid of the barbarian to 2 after he dies, but that did not work.

Is there a way to pass the players health variable to the GoblinAI script to tell him once it is 0 to go idle?

Also, now that he can die is there a way to make him respawn? lol

Thanks for the help!

~Ash

I'm not a Lua developer (I use C++ only, in LE) but I see you have the property "script" for each entity and in GoblinAI I see that self.target is assigned from the target entity.script, so I think you should be able to access the player health in your GoblinAI using self.target.health

@MilitaryG: I see you used/use also the "unnameable", so if you like component system and are using C++ then I could have something that you may find interesting, that is my craft-made complete component system built with the "unnameable" usage pattern (including AddComponent<>, GetComponent<>, GetComponents<>, Awake/Update/LateUpdate/OnGUI/Destroy).

?? FRANCESCO CROCETTI ??

http://skaredcreations.com

I don;t know lua but in c++ I always set a flag to say each character is alive at start of game." my_character alive = true" Then when they die the value becomes false. The enemy routines will only run if alive = true.

amd quad core 4 ghz / geforce 660 ti 2gb / win 10

Blender,gimp,silo2,ac3d,,audacity,Hexagon / using c++

Success, I figured it out. I am not certain if this is the best way to do this but it works...

In the barbarian.lua

myVal = 100 --defined at top to keep it from being nil

module("a", package.seeall)

function GetSomeValue()

return myVal

end

if self.health>0 then

self.health = self.health - damage

myVal = self.health

Inside the Goblin.lua...

require "a"

if (a.GetSomeValue()) <= 0 then return end