How will the Linux version be packaged?

digman

Will the Linux Leadwerks 3.1 version will be packaged up in a "deb" file which when double clicked opens up the Ubuntu Software Center and then you just click "install"

"Or"

The tar.gz file method where after unzipping it creates a folder and you are ready to run the program. 3DCoat uses this method for it's Linux version.

I am using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS which is stated to be the distro that Leadwerks 3.1 is developed on.

Just curious... cool.png

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the question was for the Standard version...

I believe it's going to be in Tar.gz just like any other software that's not supported by distribution.

And you'll have to build it manually.

I'm not sure but I think you'll need to build in root.

Well if that will be option I'll try to build it in root and guest as I'm wandering to what system files it does need access to change, ...

Either in guest it'll crash OR nothing will happen when I'll give a certain command, ...

BUT I would be pretty much amaized if it would be in reporsitory. - that's where you can only install with root, and there's automatization for build.

Learn to obey

before you command

when you see very good tactic

sit back and think again.

Basics prince Zuko.

Basics are your greatest strength.

i'm pretty sure it is going to be distributed as a DLC on steam. Just like it is on windows. From what I understand steam will launch the editor and from there you and create a C++ project from the project manager. Edit the C++ source code using Code::Blocks.

bool Life()
{
 while(death=false)
 {
   if(death==true)
   return death;
 }
}

I have found the secret to infinite life

Did I help you out? Like my post!

i'm pretty sure it is going to be distributed as a DLC on steam. Just like it is on windows. From what I understand steam will launch the editor and from there you and create a C++ project from the project manager. Edit the C++ source code using Code::Blocks.

I hope the above is not true as I bought the standard $199.00 "3.1 version of Leadwerks". I have no need at the present time to install steam on my Linux machine and I did not see in the pre-order that the upcoming Standard Linux version would be a Steam version only...

Ok, It looks like question was answered in this thread...

http://www.leadwerks.com/werkspace/topic/8974-is-membership-of-steam-now-a-prerequisite-for-leadwerks/

The reason I do not need steam is I am only creating assets for a developer as I am not a programmer myself and just need to be able to launch the game to be able to view the assets inside the game...

Please do not take this as I am against using Steam,at the present time it's just not needed, this can always change of course...

Aria is working on the .deb package now and I am doing final testing.

It will be available on the Ubuntu Software Center, Steam, and Leadwerks.com. If you bought a pre-order, you can choose to receive a Steam key if you prefer, but that is not required.

• Upvote 1

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.