Some Doubts about LE

Sytto

hi friends, tomorrow I will buy LE but I have a few questions,

1st in private forums there is enough support to develop your skills to the fullest?, Or at least know how to use the engine with good skill (I'm not talking about learning to program c + + from 0).

2nd do you have to buy the SDK and then upgrade to 2.3? or update is included in the SDK?

3rd LeadWerks could be used to develop a large-scale game? I've used other game engines and do not like them, right now I think that leadwerks is one of the best available game engines, and I think it is among the 10 best, game engines. what do you think?

thanks, just had some doubts

greetings

do you have to buy the SDK and then upgrade to 2.3? or update is included in the SDK?

No, new buyers get 2.3 .. the upgrade was for existing owners of the Engine 2.2x

AMD Bulldozer FX-4 Quad Core 4100 Black Edition

2 x 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz Memory

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 550 Ti OC 1024MB GDDR5

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

BlitzMax 1.50 • Lua 5.1 MaxGUI 1.41 • UU3D Pro • MessiahStudio Pro • Silo Pro

3D Coat • ShaderMap Pro • Hexagon 2 • Photoshop, Gimp & Paint.NET

LE 2.5/3.4 • Skyline UE4 • CE3 SDK • Unity 5 • Esenthel Engine 2.0

Marleys Ghost's YouTube Channel Marleys Ghost's Blog

"I used to be alive like you .... then I took an arrow to the head"

Hi Sytto

1st in private forums there is enough support to develop your skills to the fullest?, Or at least know how to use the engine with good skill (I'm not talking about learning to program c + + from 0).

So long as your programming skills are reasonable you should have little problem working with LE. Support from the community is good and people are happy to respond to questions.

2nd do you have to buy the SDK and then upgrade to 2.3? or update is included in the SDK?

Buying the full LE licence will get you 2.3, the upgrade is just for those already on a previous version.

3rd LeadWerks could be used to develop a large-scale game? I've used other game engines and do not like them, right now I think that leadwerks is one of the best available game engines, and I think it is among the 10 best, game engines. what do you think?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say and I'm sure it’s true. From my personal experience I think Leadwerks is a fantastic engine and in terms of graphics is better than most. You should have no issues developing a large scale game but perhaps you might want to elaborate on exactly what you have in mind, as the devil is often in the detail :D

Intel Core i5 2.66 GHz, Asus P7P55D, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, GTX460 1Gb DDR5, Windows 7 (x64), LE Editor, GMax, 3DWS, UU3D Pro, Texture Maker Pro, Shader Map Pro. Development language: C/C++

Leadwerks is the best game engine on the market. I wouldn't use it if it wasn't, and I have MANY engines laying around, waiting to get better (I thought it was a smart move to buy all kinds of engines, since then I get new upgrades for free or discounted prices), but Leadwerks always catches up and never lets others overtake.

I don't see any size limit for games written with Leadwerks Engine, the practical proof is that you can always load a new scene when one gets too full, but that's not an engine limit either, as you could also remove models on the fly and add new ones, for example streaming from a SQLite database. The massive vegetation system is also amazing, you can literally have thousands of trees or other vegetables, and it runs at high speed. The same what you see in Crysis.

Ryzen 9 RX 6800M ■ 16GB XF8 Windows 11 ■
Ultra ■ LE 2.53DWS 5.6  Reaper ■ C/C++ C# ■ Fortran 2008 ■ Story ■
■ Homepage: https://canardia.com ■

you can literally have thousands of trees or other vegetables, and it runs at high speed. The same what you see in Crysis.

hmmm... i must have missed the large vegetable fields in crysis?

<going to play crysis and look for fields of squash and pumpkins> :D

Win7 64bit / Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.9 GHz / 16 GB DDR3 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590

LE / 3DWS / BMX / Hexagon

macklebee's channel

I love the way some things get lost in translation :D

:D

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

hmmm... i must have missed the large vegetable fields in crysis?

<going to play crysis and look for fields of squash and pumpkins> :D

I think Gimpy's next models have been decided then lol ...

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

:D

oh .. hope he don't scale them like the acorns :o:D

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

Hey guys, at least I said it right when I said "massive vegetation system".

I can't even start to imagine what your responses would have been if I would have said "massive vegetable system"...

I can't even start to imagine what your responses would have been if I would have said "massive vegetable system"...

probably nothing .... honest lol

Windows 7 Home 64 bit

Josh needs to make a new video about the editor:

- Real time ambient effects

- Reflection and refraction effects

- huge terrains up to 33 milion triangles

and now for the first time:

- massive vegetable fields!

Not but serious the engine is awesome. The community is great and to help you get started a User guide will be ready for download this weekend.

Leadwerks is the best game engine on the market.

Lumooja,

Why do you say that? Since the 2.3 release, there has been a skybox issue affect ATI users. I know Josh has submitting an issue with ATI to fix this, but it still exists.

Until hardware released issues are fixed and an offical game/app has been published, then your words may ring true.

Plus, if anyone did publish anything with LE, they still will have an issue with ATI users running thier applications. Even with 2.2#, I did notice some of the demos had rendering issues (maybe an ATI issue as well). I did not report them because I assumed they were already.

I'm not bashing LE, because Josh has did an amazing job based on what I have seen. I am looking forward to using the same engine as nvidia users.

Jason

jason just so you know ati next driver release fixes the skybox and a lot of other opengl bug

this has nothing to do with LE or josh

if you get any more ati bug please say as i can report and get beta drivers to tested

but if we dont know then how can ati know lol.

not much i can do about nvidia opengl bug as if i go to nvidia i will be told get lost as i upset them last year lol

there own fault

Asus ROG STRIX B350-F GAMMING

AMD Ryzen 7 1700x

32 gb ddr4

15 TB raid 5 HD

Nvidia EVGA 1060GTX

Win10 64bit

A bug in ATI or nVidia drivers has really nothing to do with the engine. The same bug will occur in other engines too, when doing things the same way. There are new drivers for graphics cards every few month, and sometimes new drivers also cause old games to crash, which worked fine before. And then there comes also new Windows versions out every few years which cause also games to crash which worked before.

Lumooja,

Why do you say that? Since the 2.3 release, there has been a skybox issue affect ATI users. I know Josh has submitting an issue with ATI to fix this, but it still exists.

Until hardware released issues are fixed and an offical game/app has been published, then your words may ring true.

Plus, if anyone did publish anything with LE, they still will have an issue with ATI users running thier applications. Even with 2.2#, I did notice some of the demos had rendering issues (maybe an ATI issue as well). I did not report them because I assumed they were already.

I'm not bashing LE, because Josh has did an amazing job based on what I have seen. I am looking forward to using the same engine as nvidia users.

Jason

The blame for the skybox issue can't be put on Josh. The fact that LE is one of the best engines available to indie developers is not negated by the fact that ATI has bugged drivers. This coming from an ATI user.

Every game has issues with ATI drivers from time to time, whether it uses DirectX or OpenGL:

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&threadid=118892&enterthread=y

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&threadid=125717&enterthread=y

http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=279&threadid=125385&enterthread=y

My job is to make tools you love, with the features you want, and performance you can't live without.

I was not blaming Josh. I also understand it's not it's not engines fault if there is a bug in the video card drivers. I was just stating that this engine is not the best due to an outstanding issue with existing hardware.

Also, testing (Josh and/or testers) the engine against current hardware could of been reported to ATI sooner prior to release. This was not a hard problem to catch.

I was just as excited like all of you when you first loaded up 2.3, but kicked between the legs when I could not enjoy it once it was running. I'm not disappointed customer, just a little frustrated.

Jason