MilitaryG

GUI3D

I know IT could be placed in ShowCase but non of the work has been done yet.

if you think I should place this thread someplace else say it.

ANYWAY

would you be interested in a GUI3D that works similar than OnGUI() - GUI.Layout on Unity 3D Engine?

OFC it has to be inside

Update() - for unity 3D

EXCEPT if Leadwerks has an option to run the function IF button was pressed.

by Update()

I mean each frame catching IF any button was pressed.

I did the GUI3D for 2 reasons:

OnGUI didn't work on my laptop with Linux - main reason was intel GPU.

OnGUI didn't have the behaviours I wanted - like return IF anything was pressed. - it was returned void almost always.

Also Toggle button does not return if you click but it returnes the reference to your bool and if you press the button it changes the reference, ...

any way more efficient + it's 3D and there are options you can make it different angles and so on with ease, ...

show off:

using System;
using UnityEngine;
public class TestScript : MonoBehaviour {
   void Update(){
    GUI3D.Layout.Start();

GUI3D.Layout.Label("free");
    GUI3D.Layout.Label("free1");
    GUI3D.Layout.Label("free2");

GUI3D.Layout.End();
   }
}

Resault:

post-11626-0-45415300-1395765039_thumb.jpg

How many of you would be interested in my GUI3D

And How much would you be prepared to pay?

Sorry,My money is on Noesis atm. Their implementation is almost ready for Leadwerks.

but anyway would you be interested in something like this?

People using Unity already stated their way GUI is bad programmed , the OnGUi() stuff etc ...

Unity new GUI will be coming very soon, lot of changes.

Forget Unity actual way of working it's a bad example laugh.png

talk all you want, ...

but no GUI system can't avoid catching mouse buttons, and keyboard events in order for GUI to work properly, ...

Now I know Unity has a bad design what's about repainting and stuff like that, ... I don't trulley understand everything, ...

But actually my system does not repaint and stuff like that each frame it only replaces all objects each frame something was changed.

If Noesis GUI has buttons and stuff it also has to have catching procedures it cannot work otherwise, ...

I've tried on Unity doing it different way but it just seems to be impossible it's too much closed engine.

I'll see if I'll manage to change it in LeadWerks, ...

In fact, even with that style programming this is not the problem.

Will GUI3D be more performant, offers some editor, and easy to use and create interfaces ?

Will you make support 24/24h all days, it's hard long task, ask Agrror as he also begun to make some LE3 GUI and now he will just go for Neosis (don't loose your time and energy on something that can't compete with affordable and pro system as Neosis, just my point of view)

In fact, even with that style programming this is not the problem.

Will GUI3D be more performant, offers some editor, and easy to use and create interfaces ?

Will you make support 24/24h all days, it's hard long task, ask Agrror as he also begun to make some LE3 GUI and now he will just go for Neosis (don't loose your time and energy on something that can't compete with affordable and pro system as Neosis, just my point of view)

No I wouldn't support 24/7

just a simple 3DGUI for simple tasks, ... oh and OFC you get a source code you don't get closed source so you need to use source code and use it.

it's actually calling only 1 static class.

you are also able to tell from witch coords and rotation to go forward "Layouting, ..."

so you can change gui according to your needs.

also Toggle button has a reference like:

bool button = false;
GUI3D.Layout.ToggleButton(ref button, "Text");

it always returns reference but if button is not clicked on the button does not change.

while Unity style is:

bool button;
button = GUILayout.ToggleButton(button, "Text");

it's only about heaving a simple gui to prototype stuff, but it might even get begger if community imputs their knowledge and time. Also if community does it allot I'll provide source for free, ...

it actually does same as Unity GUI.

Except textures, ... you'll have to change prefabs of all ASCII your self, ...

it is very easy to use, ...

you can use for simple labels anywhere you want it'll pop out on your screen.

you get returned reference of the object(label) and you can change it. that method does not need Update.

but you can also loose the reference and the object will be there for the rest of the program.

GUI3DSto LabelSto;
float Top = 5;
float Left = 5;
Vector2 TopLeft = new Vector2(x, z);
GUI3D.Label("Text", TopLeft); // is a reference lost
LabelSto = GUI3D.Label("Text", TopLeft); // is a reference to Label stored

Also most of the buttons and stuff returns true if clicked on, for example float scroll does that, if you change the value by dragging it it will return true.

you use it like this:

float SomeValue = 0.5f;
float MinValue = -10f;
float MaxValue = 120f;
GUI3D.Layout.ScrollBar(ref SomeValue, MinValue, MaxValue); // returnes true if float has changed.

the only input where is allot of checking is actually chacking if all strings are same as they were previous frame.

Except if you don't have it in Update witch one you have to change manually.

I couldn't find any solution for that Nor do I have for any other way, ...

because if user changes the text than first thing happenes all ASCII are returned to pool and brought back accordingly to the text.

ALSO there are non in pool in beginning and as soon as there need more to be created more are instantiated and given in to pool for later use WHEN they are not needed.

they aren't in pool IF they are in use.

also in pool there are only unused objects AND only deactivated ones.

I think I was 3 months old programmed when I created my own pool of this kind.

It was easyer for me to create objects in code with it. than with that strange unity doing, ...

and yes if NOESIS comes out and shows itself better than mine, ... I'll probably use it, ... but else I'll use my design I mainly like my design more because I can change it on my will.

I can change other designs like Unity bunch of closed sourced stuff, ...

I can't even change for Toggle to return pipe instead of changed value.