How do we make a main menu?

chicken789

How do we make a main menu

depends on how it should look like. you can use textures and draw them on the screen. or load a mapfile as 3d menu. you can also use noesisGUI for this when its released for Leadwerks

a custom HUD

for a simple HUD you can use textures also or custom Fonts if you just want a text based HUD. its the same stuff like the main menu but with more input like bullet/HP count. you can also use noesisGUI

and make the main menu function so that it loads the map/options?

depends on how the menu should be used but normal just like

onclick do this function (e.g. loadmap)

It doesn´t work... why? mhmmm It works... why?

I don't get how to make the controller (fps because I don't know any other way to do it) stay still and not move at all during the main menu. I also don't know how to make the mouse appear during the main menu to click the button on the main menu. If possible I also want the button on the main menu to glow etc. When I hover over it with my mouse. Last thing is how do I add images to my HUD I figured out how to make text appear but how do I make images appear? I'm sorry if this is too much to ask.

EDIT: I forgot to ask that I added a custom font into the font folder but it doesn't seem to work when I add it to the code, so if I could get a little help on that too that'd be nice biggrin.png testing out the flowgui

I changed it to Arial. (I got the code off the internet)

The code added to fpsplayer:

Script.hudFont = nil

self.hudFont = Font:Load("Fonts/Arial.ttf",20)

if self.hudFont~=nil then

context:SetFont(self.hudFont)

context:SetColor(1,1,1,1)

local fontHeight = self.hudFont:GetHeight()

local hudText = "Health: "..self.health

local x = 0

local y = context:GetHeight() - fontHeight

context:DrawText(hudText, x, y)

The code added to app.lua:

self.font = Font:Load("Fonts/Arial.ttf",10)

• 9 months later...

the main menu i would make in app.lua

the app script hide the mouse.

the fpspalyer set it to the middle if script runs.

PC : Win 10 Pro 64 Bit , 4x cores ~2 GHz , 8 GB RAM , AMD R7 265

2D : Photoline , Zooner Photo Studio 13 , Art Rage Studio 3.5.4 , Ashampoo Snap 7 , ...

3D : Shade 15 Basic , Carrara 8.5 & DAZ Studio 4.8 , Cheetah 3D 6.3.2 , Via Cad 8

Music : Samplitude Music Studio , Music Creator 7

IDE : Leadwerks Engine 3.x , Unity 5.x , (Unreal 4.8.x) , AGK v2.x , Construct 2 , (Clickteam Fusion 2.5) , ShiVa 1.9 , Game Maker Studio , MS Visual Studio .Net , Android Studio , Monkey , ...

Ive managed to build my own in game HUD which has the functional health, ammo and non functional score in it and images. Id be willing to share this if any one was interested.

Im currently experimenting with different textures and images at the bottom for the bar behind the text and images.

post-12522-0-60521900-1420291447_thumb.pngpost-12522-0-82647200-1420303743_thumb.png

• Upvote 4

Asus sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX 9590 , Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit, 4 HDD's Western Digital Caviar Black set in Raid 0, 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Elite, Asus Radeon R9 270 X 4GB, Corsair CM750M,