Advanced particle effects

YouGroove

1. Why wait for LE4?
  2. The first video: are those purely particles? or a mix of particles and glowing objects?
  3. Second video: It think this requires something special to be done with the newton engine. By the looks of it this is heavily optimized and not something natively supported out of the box.
  4. This is the kind of thing that I would like as a plugin. If we have access to making a plugin, we could make a community open source particle editor.

The second video is showing a GPU-based particle system. EVERYTHING is handled on the GPU--Newton would have nothing to do with it.

The thing about GPU systems is that it's easy to feed information to the particle and the emitter, but there's no real way to get any information back (that I know of), so this sort of system is solely for visual FX. If you needed to know if a bullet strikes a character, or if a missile hits a target, then you'd still need to use traditional methods....

• Upvote 1

--"There is no spoon"

webgl-particles-4-1024x576.jpg

Ok so that will be OpenGL and shaders mainly.

I suppose dense smoke compact opacity effect is also shader so, a really good one shader.

volsmoke1.jpg

For physic particles, perhaps do it yourself with small objects and some objects pool, it could work.

(I'll try a basic one in Lua)

This is the kind of thing that I would like as a plugin. If we have access to making a plugin, we could make a community open source particle editor.

Yep i totally agree, there is amzing plugins on Unity for anything, let's wait LE3 to open up.

Stop toying and make games